Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues since FW 19.12.1.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On 5/3 I got 2019.12.
on 5/4 I got 2019.12.1.2

I have a MS100D, with AP2.5 and MCU2. Manufactured in July 2018. EAP & FSD.

When TelsaCam was released, i got a 128GB USB drive.
SanDisk Ultra Fit 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - SDCZ43-128G-GAM46
I formatted it FAT32 and used it. it worked great.

Since 2019.12.1.2 I have issues when I leave the car in SENTRY mode.
Specifically when I return to the car, the main console (gauge cluster) goes black when I try to wake the car up (foot on brake). It can take 2-4 minutes to get the car started.

After a several of instances of this, I took out the flash drive, and formatted it. Long format, not quick format.

I put the drive back in, and today I had the same issue. Car was on. I could not put it in drive. Pressing the brake does nothing. Gauge cluster goes black, wakes up, goes black, repeat several times.

In addition, while driving home, I have had an emergency "Take over immediately" command from EAP. All autopilot/autosteer immediately turned off. I was unable to use EAP for several minutes, and then it started working again.
This also happened once last week (on the same route, 10 miles earlier) before I re-formatted the thumb-drive.

I called Tesla, and they said make an appointment at SC, but it's not for 2 weeks.

I have ordered replacement thumb-drive, but it's really a long shot if that's the cause.

Has anyone else had issues?