Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues the last few months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any one having dab/ fm issues. Lost it on Saturday but tunein worked. Rebooted when driving on sunday and it auto booted 3 times with the T popping up and off for a fairly long time and its back working was concerning as nothing worked when it was black screen.

Still having usb issues needing reformatting every other day or so. Going to get old dash cam out as this is no longer reliable. Would not know as no alarm shows any usb issues its only I have the dash cam icon on the bottom task bar and seen a x in the icon, It must show an alert if a security device is no longer active.

Lost wifi connection at home had to reconnect couple of times

Sat nav also playing up not zooming in and no sound. now seems ok and has automatically mute sound, found option to unmute but like no voice, and been using the trip graph to and from work.

Seems getting flaky and what next.

Any one having dab/ fm issues. Lost it on Saturday but tunein worked. Rebooted when driving on sunday and it auto booted 3 times with the T popping up and off for a fairly long time and its back working was concerning as nothing worked when it was black screen.

Still having usb issues needing reformatting every other day or so. Going to get old dash cam out as this is no longer reliable. Would not know as no alarm shows any usb issues its only I have the dash cam icon on the bottom task bar and seen a x in the icon, It must show an alert if a security device is no longer active.

Lost wifi connection at home had to reconnect couple of times

Sat nav also playing up not zooming in and no sound. now seems ok and has automatically mute sound, found option to unmute but like no voice, and been using the trip graph to and from work.

Seems getting flaky and what next.
I am having issues with the USB drive. My old drive failed. Ordered a new Tesla USB stick, never worked. Installed a new ScanDisk 3.0 drive. Worked without issues for about 3 weeks. Now it needs to be reformatted each morning.

Having the same issues form one day to the next

1) Tesla USB needing reformatting. NO alarm but I have sentry as one of my 5 main quick tabs and the red light has a cross meaning NO DASH CAM OR SECURITY CAM and the USB needs reformatting. OK for a bit then its a x again and I HAVE LOST ALL video clips POINTLESS RUBBISH. Going to install my old NEXTBASE dash cam at least it does not drain 2+ kw in 8 hours and actually WORKS. Reliable.
2) Boot open position keeps on reverting to just open and bleeps WTF so I need to manually drag the boot door. I reset by long press only to find its gone back to not really open. I don't know if this does it every day as I don't go int he boot but would say when I have issues its back to low open position.
3) WiFi drop out, and I need to connect to WiFi WHY it knows my wIfI I don't do it with ANY other device and I have more than 30 happy connected devices.
4) ecall connection. ?

So I connect WiFi, reformat USB, push boot up and e call?

Is it time for another visit to Tesla or do I wait for software upgrade. Done soft boots never Hard boot as yet.

Update 23 June.
Went to airport car park and lots going off. Seems the adaptive cruse ignored my settings and was beeping and alarming dropping speed to supposed speed limits (which are not accurate in the uk).

During holiday could not see the car on the app, tried rebooting phone and connecting to wifi. I did see it onece day 5 I think then nothing in the 12 nights away.

July 4th back in the UK
Still could not see the car on the app.
Approached car it opened the boot fully and not part open and let me in. Good.
BAD
ecall error again
Got home no wifi connection and had to re enter wifi password.
USB failure again.

Updated software (after reconnecting to WIFI

5th July ecall error and I think no problems no other issues with adaptive cruse or usb. not tried boot.