Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with Auto Front Doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2023 Model X LR with about 600 miles on it. The car had already been in service for a week or so for some alignment issues. Since I got the car back I am having some trouble with my driver door opening automatically. It opens just a crack but doesn't swing open the way it should. There are no obstacles of course but the door doesn't do what it's supposed to do. What's also strange, a few days ago I opened the door regularly with the button inside and I got an alarm with a message saying to not use the manual door release since this could cause damage. I never ever used the manual door release. Anybody have a potential solution for this?

Reactions: jiehan
I have a 2023 Model X LR with about 600 miles on it. The car had already been in service for a week or so for some alignment issues. Since I got the car back I am having some trouble with my driver door opening automatically. It opens just a crack but doesn't swing open the way it should. There are no obstacles of course but the door doesn't do what it's supposed to do. What's also strange, a few days ago I opened the door regularly with the button inside and I got an alarm with a message saying to not use the manual door release since this could cause damage. I never ever used the manual door release. Anybody have a potential solution for this?
I have the same problem on a 2023 X. No solution yet. Scheduled service.

Reactions: jiehan
Upvote 0
When the door opens to a small gap, does the ice breaker extend to push the door out? If so then I have solved this issue on my previous Raven X by adjusting the window alignment.

Tesla couldn’t figure it out and replaced the latch and door motor unit…still not solved, so I gave up letting them fix it and figured it out myself.

window is out of alignment causing the rubber molding to hold the window much more aggressively and preventing it from swinging open fully. Then the ice breaker would extend and push the door open slightly and pull the glass away from the weather strip

Reactions: peace8686 and snowy
Upvote 0