Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

issues with autopilot and interior fit / finish

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pick up date 7/02/2021, 1300 miles to date

How do I know if my car is messing up more than others? Can I ask tesla to review my car's behaviors from a trip? Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm really not sure.
I took a trip of about 280 miles (mostly highway) and it messed up so much that I really don't know that I would ever use it again on cruise control or autopilot.
Even on CC, the car would very abruptly slow down (feeling of slamming on brakes) for no reason what so ever. This happened numerous times with no cars or objects in any direction.
Also, sometimes the car will go directly to red blinking, beeping with no notice of "apply slight wheel pressure." Other times it will want me to apply pressure every two seconds 3-4 times in a row.
Now some non-computerized issues..., has anyone had issues of the driver and passenger seat sides coming apart? The plastic control area that has all the seat adjustments is hanging loose and the plastic white pin that holds it in on one spot has broken off on both sides. Even the long plastic piece that holds the cushion cover on keeps coming off.
I want to love this car, but it's embarrassing to have people that want to look in it and see such a mess. It's also even more embarrassing to be driving on the highway and have it "slam on brakes" for no reason.

How do I know if my car is messing up more than others? Can I ask tesla to review my car's behaviors from a trip? Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm really not sure.
I took a trip of about 280 miles (mostly highway) and it messed up so much that I really don't know that I would ever use it again on cruise control or autopilot.
Even on CC, the car would very abruptly slow down (feeling of slamming on brakes) for no reason what so ever. This happened numerous times with no cars or objects in any direction.
Also, sometimes the car will go directly to red blinking, beeping with no notice of "apply slight wheel pressure." Other times it will want me to apply pressure every two seconds 3-4 times in a row.
Now some non-computerized issues..., has anyone had issues of the driver and passenger seat sides coming apart? The plastic control area that has all the seat adjustments is hanging loose and the plastic white pin that holds it in on one spot has broken off on both sides. Even the long plastic piece that holds the cushion cover on keeps coming off.
I want to love this car, but it's embarrassing to have people that want to look in it and see such a mess. It's also even more embarrassing to be driving on the highway and have it "slam on brakes" for no reason.
autopilot being bad is pretty normal. cruise control has been very solid for me though. probably worth a service appointment to see if something is amiss with the cameras. Or check yourself that they are all clean and working.

Put in a service request for the seat, as long as its not obviously damaged by you, it should be covered.

On the braking with autopilot, thats called phantom braking and is covered (extensively) in multiple threads here in the autopilot subforum, here:

That experience with autopilot sounds fairly normal depending on area, roads, etc etc etc.

Autopilot discussion goes in the subforum above, so please keep this thread to discussion of the seats.