Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with Autopilot Constantly Kicking Out - Fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Just wanted to share a recent experience with Tesla service that shed some light on something that has been driving me nuts for the last week. I received v11 on Christmas Eve and I noticed that most of the time when I’m driving with autopilot/EAP engaged it kicks out constantly with an emergency manual, like 3-5 times within 10 miles, sometimes resulting in timeouts of AP making it unavailable for my entire 40 mile commute. Long story short I contacted Tesla service which sent me to Tesla remote diagnostics and they informed me that Autopilot now sends requests that headlights be set to AUTO and I had them set to PARKING. As a result, Autopilot would not be available for miles and or kick me out with a take over immediately all because my headlights were not set to auto. Unfortunately, after 60,000 miles it looks like I’m going to have to conform to what Tesla wants because I love having AP for my 40 mile commute. I enjoy the aggressive look of the model 3 with running lights and fog lights on during the day, ugh. Tesla, a simple notification saying please set headlights to auto would have prevented all of this, instead I just receive autopilot unavailable please try again later.

Hope this helps someone else out there!

Attachments

• 197D3AAC-C6FE-44F0-9B09-5BF65F5DA862.jpeg
    197D3AAC-C6FE-44F0-9B09-5BF65F5DA862.jpeg
    368.3 KB · Views: 131