Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with doors locking at home and home charging stats accruing to "other"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have a solution for preventing the doors from locking at home, or getting home charging stats to accrue under "home" rather than "other?"

Doors: Since the last software update in early/mid Oct '22, my doors have been locking automatically when I'm at home even though I've checked the box in the touchscreen to prevent this (I have always used the walk-away door lock setting without issues at home). I don't have an easy entry profile and never have, and my address has never changed in my profile, so I can't figure out why this is suddenly occurring. The doors lock automatically even when I continuously unlock them at home, so my vehicle basically operates as though it's not at home. I've done the reset by pressing both scroll wheels and that didn't resolve anything either. Any ideas would be most welcome.

Charging: I installed a new charger, and now all my charge stats from home charging accrue under "other" instead of "home." Anyone know how to change this? I haven't found a way to alter this in the app or via the touchscreen. Oddly, if I use my mobile charger that came with the vehicle, those charging stats still properly accrue under "home." If that wasn't the case, I would have assumed both of these issues stemmed from a location factor bug in Tesla's recent software release, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Just a crazy thought, try unchecking that box in the settings for a couple of days and then check it again and see if that does anything. Over the years in working with computers, I have found this to be a fairly standard troubleshooting fix.

Upvote 0
Anyone have a solution for preventing the doors from locking at home, or getting home charging stats to accrue under "home" rather than "other?"

Doors: Since the last software update in early/mid Oct '22, my doors have been locking automatically when I'm at home even though I've checked the box in the touchscreen to prevent this (I have always used the walk-away door lock setting without issues at home). I don't have an easy entry profile and never have, and my address has never changed in my profile, so I can't figure out why this is suddenly occurring. The doors lock automatically even when I continuously unlock them at home, so my vehicle basically operates as though it's not at home. I've done the reset by pressing both scroll wheels and that didn't resolve anything either. Any ideas would be most welcome.

Charging: I installed a new charger, and now all my charge stats from home charging accrue under "other" instead of "home." Anyone know how to change this? I haven't found a way to alter this in the app or via the touchscreen. Oddly, if I use my mobile charger that came with the vehicle, those charging stats still properly accrue under "home." If that wasn't the case, I would have assumed both of these issues stemmed from a location factor bug in Tesla's recent software release, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Did you manage to get your home charging stats in Home? I'm getting what you had

Upvote 0
Sadly, no, and I haven't figured out how to fix the issue either. I've heard that people who are using Tesla's home charger don't have the same issue, but those of us using another brand are stuck with this. One would think that Tesla could simply recognize when I'm at "home" per the vehicle's location tracking, or have the ability to set a charging location to "home" to accommodate for this and others who are in multi-unit dwellings like apartments and condos. Alas, it doesn't seem to be a priority for Tesla.

Upvote 0
Sadly, no, and I haven't figured out how to fix the issue either. I've heard that people who are using Tesla's home charger don't have the same issue, but those of us using another brand are stuck with this. One would think that Tesla could simply recognize when I'm at "home" per the vehicle's location tracking, or have the ability to set a charging location to "home" to accommodate for this and others who are in multi-unit dwellings like apartments and condos. Alas, it doesn't seem to be a priority for Tesla.
I have the Tesla Home Charger and sometimes it shows “other”. Not sure why, I think it is related to the GPS, since I park close to the property line. Sometimes the app says I’m at the neighbours address.

Upvote 0
I installed a tesla home charger the end of february. It is going to other, not home. So not necessarily the charger brand.
I recently had a door window actuator replaced at tesla. When I picked it up they had changed the locking settings so they could leave the key fob in the car. I changed it back to unlock when the fob approaches and saved (it saved automatically). Next time I went to the car, I had to double click top of fob to unlock or start the car. I go back to settings and the approach setting has turned off. I have gone through the reset many times now and saved but it still turns itself off. Ideas? Has there been any changes since the first week of March?
I'd go back to the tesla service center, but it was the absolute worst service experience of my life. While I was complaining the client behind me added his comments and threw the loner car card at the guy.

Upvote 0