Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with firmware 2018.24.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was towed in for service last week and part of the fix included updating my car to 2018.24.8. The update seems to have affected two things on my car in a negative way. I swear I used to have the ability to press the window down button and it would continue all the way down with one push (instead of holding it). I did have that right? Anyway, now that feature no longer works assuming I had it in the first place (please don't tell me I am crazy). Also, the gremlin that affected my steering wheel not moving into position when starting the car is back and most times it does not move automatically.

Anyone else have these issues?

I'm on 24.8 and don't remember having these issues. I'll have to double check when I leave work this afternoon, but I'm pretty sure my window was automatically rolling down with a single press.

Not sure about the steering wheel issue...do you have easy entry enabled? Not something I use, so probably wouldn't notice it.

I'm on 24.8 and don't remember having these issues. I'll have to double check when I leave work this afternoon, but I'm pretty sure my window was automatically rolling down with a single press.

Not sure about the steering wheel issue...do you have easy entry enabled? Not something I use, so probably wouldn't notice it.

Yeah, I have easy entry enabled. I had this issue previously and they replaced the steering wheel.

I have not had any of those issues..... Windows (Driver and Passenger side) drop all the way down when I activate them without holding the buttons down.... I also don't have the issue with the Steering.... I have my profile set.... When I exit the car (after putting it in park and removing the seat belt) the wheel and seat return to the easy entry position as normal and it goes to my profile when I enter and put my foot to the brake....

BUT....... I do have the following issues when I updated to 24.8:

My AC is wonky..... If I enter the car, it starts up blowing warm air..... It did NOT do this on 24.7 or 24.1.... Also, if I activate it via the mobile app, it starts off showing that it is blowing hot air..... Then switches to cold after 15 - 30 seconds.... Now this cold air is really only somewhat cool and takes a couple of minutes to start blowing cold air..... On top of that, where I normally set the temp to 73, I now have to set it to 68 to keep the car cool.... Again..... This did NOT happen on 24.7...

The other issue is a little concerning..... It involves EAP..... I have the EAP preset to maintain 9 mph over the posted speed limit (when in a 70mph posted zone / car maintains 79mph)..... But if the speed limit changes (from a 70mph zone to a 55mph zone) the car no longer drops it's speed.... It keeps screaming down the road at 79mph... Now this occurred in 24.7 and didn't correct in 24.8...... I did NOT have this issue in 24.1

So..... I await another update that I hope will solve these issues..... But from what I have been hearing the latest update to 26 has been halted due to bricking issues....

BUT....... I do have the following issues when I updated to 24.8:

My AC is wonky..... If I enter the car, it starts up blowing warm air..... It did NOT do this on 24.7 or 24.1.... Also, if I activate it via the mobile app, it starts off showing that it is blowing hot air..... Then switches to cold after 15 - 30 seconds.... Now this cold air is really only somewhat cool and takes a couple of minutes to start blowing cold air..... On top of that, where I normally set the temp to 73, I now have to set it to 68 to keep the car cool.... Again..... This did NOT happen on 24.7...

Regarding the AC, I had an issue with mine in the first week of ownership (early April) where both the AC AND the heater would not work. They updated the software and got it to work again. They noted on the service receipt that at that time it was a known issue.

For the window:

On my previous car (Infiniti), that happened to me once. The solution was to “reset” the window. I believe it’s a universal fix, and worth a try.

1. With the door open, roll the window completely down.
2. Roll it back up, and hold the switch up for about 10 Seconds after the window is completely up.
3. Test the auto down/up functionality. It should work now.

• Helpful
Reactions: NerdUno
For the window:

On my previous car (Infiniti), that happened to me once. The solution was to “reset” the window. I believe it’s a universal fix, and worth a try.

1. With the door open, roll the window completely down.
2. Roll it back up, and hold the switch up for about 10 Seconds after the window is completely up.
3. Test the auto down/up functionality. It should work now.

Hey! That worked. Took a couple of attempts and the door did not need to be open but it worked. Thanks!

Reactions: andremc

I took delivery of my Model 3 on Wednesday with 24.8. This exact thing is happening. It feels like the A/C won't turn on unless I set the thermometer to 63 degrees. The app will say that the car is 75 degrees, so I set the car to cool down to 70 and it shows the heater on. I called Support last night and they are sending to their diagnostics team. I saw in another thread that 26.1 was pulled and this is now the latest version?

I notice sometimes AC is wonky on 24.7. Of when getting into car and have to press fan symbol rven though it is already in Auto.
Someone needs to recode all of the UI and operation logic in a simple state machine generator so that it is easy to read and review. They probably have so many functions and buried logic scattered across their code base it is unmanageable. Maybe I need to see if they have an opening to reengineer the whole logic controller.