Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with Homelink after Upgrade to MCU 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my MCU upgraded to 2.0. My stored Homelinks did transfer but dont work. Not really surprised. Re programmed my garage door homelink and it allowed me to close the door but it wouldnt transmit on approach. Wiped it and left the other homelinks alone. Every time I tried to program Garage Homelink it the garage door would open or close telling me somehow there is still info in the system allowing to communicate with the garage door opener. However it didnt allow for reprogrammming. I erased all homelinks, did hard reset and total system shutdown. Not it wont allow me to program any homelinks.. sigh. Goes to screen that its starting and may take a minute, then back to start. Thoughts?

You did a good job explaining, but I can't tell if you can't program now and it doesn't accept or complete, or if its because its greyed out or something. So, not knowing the status, I would recommend a couple of things. 1) new batteries in your remote. Even try a different remote with new batteries. 2) find a neighbor or relative and try programming your Homelink on someone else's GDO to see if you can complete it there. Just working thru the possibles.

I'm having an issue with homelink after MCU2 upgrade as well. My issue is the opposite - after a cold start and reversing out of the garage, it won't close the garage. Here are my steps:
1) Walk into the garage and use the wall pad to open my garage door
2) Get in the car and back out. The homelink is properly programmed and gives me the "button" to press while I'm reversing out. Pressing the button with the backup camera on, nothing happens. Button then disappears because the system thinks I no longer need it.
3) Close the reverse camera video window, press the green homelink icon, then press on the "Home" label for my garage. Nothing happens. Repeat this multiple times, nothing happens. Each time, the system shows the green wave icon that represents the signal is being sent.
4) I close my garage some other way (phone app, Indiana Jones, etc...)

5) I return home with the X after my trip and press the homelink button. Garage opens right away.