Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with latest software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my M3 last night from MDR, Dec 31st. Drove it to Temecula without any problems. I scheduled the software update at 3am and in the morning I received a notice that the software was updated. Unlike my Model S, there was no indication about what was updated, nor could I find the software update information by clicking around.

PROBLEM 1: The map on the screen started jumping around as soon as I started driving the car. I am driving in Temecula it is showing me San Clemente and then change to San Diego or other unrelated places within a second or two. I soft reset 3 times, still the same problem.

BIGGER PROBLEM 2: I am unable to supercharge without multiple interruptions. It keeps stopping and then coming on again. When I reset it charges for 5-10% but then stops. Weird noises coming from the battery. I need to charge so I can go back home to LA, so it is quiet stressful to deal with it on its first day.

PROBLEM 3: the media sound oscillates between very low and very high without any input from me.

It is quiet disappointing to deal with issues within its first 24 hours to say the least.

Will take it to Secice on Tuesday.

I haven't had any problems today after the update, but I did note that the firmware "notes" are not on the screen in the car as they are with S and X. You have to go to MyTesla to view them here:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 11.20.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 11.20.56 PM.png
    424.6 KB · Views: 131
Don't count on the software update notes being displayed unrequested like the model s/x. Remember this car is targeted towards the mainstream public, not the tech wonk. SW updates will be more behind the scenes so they don't scare grandma. My grandma won't text because she thinks someone's gonna steak her identity.
Even on the Model S, these aren't real release notes with technical details... these are notifications of new features that have been added to the vehicle. As such, these will absolutely be displayed on screen at some point in the future, as there's no other real way to notify drivers of new functionality.