Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with new Model X just delivered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, just joined the X club today with my first Tesla. I love the high tech and driving experience but the build quality is not even good for half of the price

Could someone help me with the following issues

1) I have expose cables in the trunk below the top cover. This cannot be right right? Tesla delivery guy said it’s normal

2) The car rattles a little bit of noise. Not sure where the noise coming from but somewhere in the front row

3) Panels not fully aligned. Off by 1/4” or so.

Not sure what other issues it may have. The delivery guy told me I have 24 hrs to report any issue for them to fix. How can I report those 3 issues? Thanks

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
1) I have expose cables in the trunk below the top cover. This cannot be right right? Tesla delivery guy said it’s normal...
Standard answer. Tesla wants you to prove that's not normal.

2) The car rattles a little bit of noise. Not sure where the noise coming from but somewhere in the front row
When the car was missing brake pads with terrible metal sounds, Tesla said it's normal.

I won't be surprised if Tesla will say "normal"

How can I report those 3 issues? Thanks
You can use the phone app to do that. Call or go to Service Center...

Here are some photos of the 1) and 2). 3) it is creaking noise like loose plastic rattling especially the road is shaking and bumpy.

Uhm Tesla guy told me there is a 24 hours period after delivery to report any issues so get fixed. So that's not true?

Attachments

• IMG_1804.jpeg
    IMG_1804.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 237
  • IMG_1798.jpeg
    IMG_1798.jpeg
    497.9 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1800.jpeg
    IMG_1800.jpeg
    414.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1801.jpeg
    IMG_1801.jpeg
    580.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1802.jpeg
    IMG_1802.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1798.jpeg
    IMG_1798.jpeg
    497.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1800.jpeg
    IMG_1800.jpeg
    414.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1801.jpeg
    IMG_1801.jpeg
    580.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1802.jpeg
    IMG_1802.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1804.jpeg
    IMG_1804.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 166
Hello, just joined the X club today with my first Tesla. I love the high tech and driving experience but the build quality is not even good for half of the price

Could someone help me with the following issues

1) I have expose cables in the trunk below the top cover. This cannot be right right? Tesla delivery guy said it’s normal

Guessing you have either a 6-seat or 7-seat Model X, I presume you mean the cables underneath the 3rd row of seats down into the trunk. There's some paper-tape kind of wrap around the cables, right? This is unfortunately normal and expected. I put a cable sleeve around each of these to protect them a little better (got the idea from someone else here on TMC).

It'd be nice if you didn't have to do this, but that's the way this car is. In my mind, it's a minor issue. (My Model X is my second Tesla.)

(OK yeah I see your pictures now, and yes, that is actually the way those cables are.)

Not sure what other issues it may have. The delivery guy told me I have 24 hrs to report any issue for them to fix. How can I report those 3 issues? Thanks

Report issues on the mobile app (you can try to go to the service center directly, but they might not do anything). You don't have 24 hours to report _any_ issues. That time limit is intended to apply to cosmetic things like paint, door alignment, rattles. If there is something mechanically wrong, the normal warranty applies.

Basically I'd suggest going over the entire car and reporting _everything_ you see wrong. Don't worry if you can't get an appointment right away, at least there's a record of whatever issues you found.

Congratulations on the new car and good luck!

Bruce.

Thank you, I'll report in the app for the panel misalignment and rattling noise. Is there anything else I should look for for the 24 hours window?

There's a mostly-good delivery checklist on one of the tabs here:

Bruce.

New model x owner too. Your issues are "within spec" for a tesla. Their customer service is awful and will avoid taking responsibility for anything. My x was delivered with scuff on a trim piece. I documented it on delivery. They told me it was my fault but they'd repair it for free. Seriously, I've had better customer service at Walmart.

Anyways, the cable and panel gaps are normal. I had the creeking too. It was coming from the rails the front seats sit on. They fixed that for me for free. Good luck! Just stay cool, realize they are shitty to everyone. It's not personal and luckily teslas are pretty low maintenance when you learn to live with some flaws.

New model x owner too. Your issues are "within spec" for a tesla. Their customer service is awful and will avoid taking responsibility for anything. My x was delivered with scuff on a trim piece. I documented it on delivery. They told me it was my fault but they'd repair it for free. Seriously, I've had better customer service at Walmart.

Anyways, the cable and panel gaps are normal. I had the creeking too. It was coming from the rails the front seats sit on. They fixed that for me for free. Good luck! Just stay cool, realize they are shitty to everyone. It's not personal and luckily teslas are pretty low maintenance when you learn to live with some flaws.
Oh man, not looking forward to that. Did you know where the squeaking comes from and pointed to them to get it fixed?

i also found some white stain marks on the driver seat. Couldn't buff them out with wet towel.

A seat head rest at the back leather not fully stretch and have wrinkles. I have already documented all issues in the app and book an appointment within 24 hrs from delivery. Will it they be fixed for free?

Attachments

• 96742115-8A1A-46EF-9B20-15FF64DB081D.jpeg
    96742115-8A1A-46EF-9B20-15FF64DB081D.jpeg
    734.9 KB · Views: 141
i also found some white stain marks on the driver seat. Couldn't buff them out with wet towel.

A seat head rest at the back leather not fully stretch and have wrinkles. I have already documented all issues in the app and book an appointment within 24 hrs from delivery. Will it they be fixed for free?
I don’t see why not. It's a brand new car. These issues should have been fixed for free before delivery.

That's the wiring harness for the seat. If you look under the 3rd or 2nd row of any crossover SUV, you will see wires, and you will see loops that allow movement like those. Put the cargo cover back and don't look at it. If it's too low quality for the money, where ya been at, of course it is, that's like 90% of the posts on here, "great car, wish it was built a little better". Can't make it what it aint. If you wanted impeccable initial quality and fit/finish for your 6 figures, you have, as Jeremy Clarkson would say outside the hearing of his lawyers, brought the wrong car

Set up a service appointment for delivery issues and add the photos to the appointment via the app.

Last edited: