Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with on first drive: 2019.40.50.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated Christmas Day on my SR+ and got in the car today for shopping. First thing I noticed is the voice commands are broken and it does not recognise anything just comes up with the mic and suggestions. I tried a reset we sat there pedal down buttons in until the Tesla logo. Tried to navigate somewhere and it crashed and rebooted with the T logo again. I tried all sorts of commands listed and after 3 attempts got the glove box to open. Asking it to navigate to my supermarket well impossible it just kept going back to the waiting for me to say something with suggestions that also do not work.

Second when I set auto pilot and take my foot off the pedal there was a huge slowdown in the car before it picked up speed confirmed on multiple tries this feels a little dangerous. Its as if the car no longer takes over the speed until your foot is off and it has to break 10mph. It did not do this previous patch it was nice and smooth. Backing into my drive with one pedal at slow speed was well choppy it seems to lack the ability now to feather in the breaks smooth.

Bonus I now have sat maps and traffic visuals. I think premium was meant to be free for a year with the car so I think this is now enabled?

Not sure why things are worse, settings seem to be OK.

Same here in my SR+ regarding voice control - doesn't work at all. Must be a bug in the update that they will hopefully fix.

The sat maps and traffic was actually pushed out on Christmas Day regardless of update. I was on the previous software version yesterday, and got that update. Then updated to 2019.40 today.

I think they are just about to introduce the subscription, perhaps they are giving everyone a taster of the traffic visuals so we are more inclined to pay for the subscription when it comes into force.

Same here with the voice commands; the animation around the microphone icon does show it's listening but it almost never puts up any words on the screen. The one time it did recognise an instruction (set temperature to 19 degrees) it didn't act on it. Reboot didn't help. Glad it's not just me and hopefully there'll be an update soon... (Mine's an LR AWD by the way).

I was wondering about this server idea at the time myself. Does it not do any local recognition? If it has to connect to a server to translate there could lie the very issues. Everyone trying voice commands saturated the servers.

I am not sure as a lot of people in the US have been happy but I’d suspect it’s something along these lines.

I think local is the only way to do it efficiently and not having to rely on a network connection indefinitely, unfortunately Tesla are never helpful in explaining anything

Yeah - voice control is competently screwed now. When I got the car late Sept, it was the first car I'd had where the voice control worked sort of ok. Now it's competely useless. Worse than any vehicle I've had before. I really hope they test the safety critical software elements with more vigour!