Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with Premium Connectivity and A/C

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, so trying to solve all the little issues we're having with the 22 Model X Plaid. Seems like every time we get in our 22 MXP, the streaming radio says "Unable to log in. Please try again later". So annoying as that's 99% of what we listen to in the Tesla, and when you don't have music for half your drive in your brand new $140k car, you can't help but be agitated.

Also, any fix to the A/C being weak? Our 22 MXP with 200 miles never blows ice cold, it blows "cool" but not ice cold. Getting the cabin under 80 seems to be impossible in this thing. We already have all the windows ceramic tinted, including windshield. Not sure if service can somehow make it blow cooler? Don't get why a brand new car won't have ice cold A/C? Should be fully charged up and blowing freezing air right? Yes we're in AZ and it's 110+ every day, but our other cars never have a problem blowing ice cold no matter the temp outside..my Raptor blows so cold you have to turn it down. Same with my S Plaid actually, I usually turn down the A/C because it's getting too cold. The kids are very uncomfortable with the A/C in the X Plaid.

Hey guys, so trying to solve all the little issues we're having with the 22 Model X Plaid. Seems like every time we get in our 22 MXP, the streaming radio says "Unable to log in. Please try again later". So annoying as that's 99% of what we listen to in the Tesla, and when you don't have music for half your drive in your brand new $140k car, you can't help but be agitated.

Also, any fix to the A/C being weak? Our 22 MXP with 200 miles never blows ice cold, it blows "cool" but not ice cold. Getting the cabin under 80 seems to be impossible in this thing. We already have all the windows ceramic tinted, including windshield. Not sure if service can somehow make it blow cooler? Don't get why a brand new car won't have ice cold A/C? Should be fully charged up and blowing freezing air right? Yes we're in AZ and it's 110+ every day, but our other cars never have a problem blowing ice cold no matter the temp outside..my Raptor blows so cold you have to turn it down. Same with my S Plaid actually, I usually turn down the A/C because it's getting too cold. The kids are very uncomfortable with the A/C in the X Plaid.
Streaming (Slacke/LiveX) requires a half decent cellular signal. Is the cell signal good in your location?

Regarding A/C, I've found it to be very strong, although I am not in Phoenix, we have had 100º+ days and had no issues. That is probably worth a service appointment.

2022 Long-Range Model X owner here. Sometimes we get this issue (we're usually on Spotify). If I switch over to the FM radio and back to Spotify that usually makes things work. Clearly this is a silly bug that shouldn't be there, but that seems to be a work around for now. Try that and see if that works for you?

My car seems to have problems regulating the temperature, although it seems plenty capable of blowing cold air out the vents. I currently have an outstanding service appointment for them to replace one or more of the HVAC sensors. The appointment keeps getting pushed back because the local service center doesn't have parts. Not quite ideal (my 2015 Model S 85D seems to do a much better job with its HVAC system), but the service advisor told me that once they fix the sensors it's going to work a lot better. I concur with @DCGOO's recommendation of a service appointment.

Good luck!

Bruce.

Reactions: BonB