Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with streaming ABC News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess since the 5.9 upgrade, I've had issues streaming ABC News. For those that don't know, it streams various news stories (World, Headline, Tech, Sports etc) in bite-size chunks, and you can just skip through the stuff you don't want to listen too (such as the latest Dancing with the Stars news - the downside of a partisan broadcasting company!). It's a handy way to listen to news without all the annoying commercials.

Anyway, now it never seems to manage to play the first stream (normally headline news - just reports 'Unable to play"). If I skip it, it's 50/50 if it'll play the next segment, and then it seems to be OK after that.

Anybody else having this issue? I've tried a reboot of the center screen, but it didn't make any difference.

yes.. I too have had this problem, but then again, I have had many issues with slacker in general 'hanging up' .. ABC news is the worst station though.
I go to FM for a few songs, and back to slacker and that 'sometimes' fixes it

ABC News streamed ok for me for the past 3 years BUT is now broken in 2019.36.2.x. Problem is each news segment (sports, headlines, etc) plays 30 or so seconds from an older segment.... then starts over at the beginning. Some kind of buffering bug? And this happens on EACH segment.

Of course i have rebooted many (10+) times without change. Also no change in the 3 most recent updates. I am currently on 2019.36.2.1

Anybody else?

Wow this is an old thread! But yes, in our Model 3 at least, we tend to hear one full segment, then it repeats from about 15 seconds in. It's actually very seamless, it takes a minute to figure it out, but, it's annoying. Not tried in my S, but as a general comment, my MCU1 display is getting real slow when navigating streams now, sometimes a really long lag between selecting the stream, it appearing on the dash display, and finally actually playing.

ABC News was not updating for weeks, just playing the same tired old stories over and over. Now, it won't even load - loading symbol just goes around and around. The service station isn't helpful, but they say they have an "open ticket". This is happening on both our Tesla models Ss despite multiple reboots. Any ideas?

ABC News was not updating for weeks, just playing the same tired old stories over and over. Now, it won't even load - loading symbol just goes around and around. The service station isn't helpful, but they say they have an "open ticket". This is happening on both our Tesla models Ss despite multiple reboots. Any ideas?
Same thing now happening on my 2020 M3P, even after reset. So I just tune in a local station for news.

I guess since the 5.9 upgrade, I've had issues streaming ABC News. For those that don't know, it streams various news stories (World, Headline, Tech, Sports etc) in bite-size chunks, and you can just skip through the stuff you don't want to listen too (such as the latest Dancing with the Stars news - the downside of a partisan broadcasting company!). It's a handy way to listen to news without all the annoying commercials.

Anyway, now it never seems to manage to play the first stream (normally headline news - just reports 'Unable to play"). If I skip it, it's 50/50 if it'll play the next segment, and then it seems to be OK after that.

Anybody else having this issue? I've tried a reboot of the center screen, but it didn't make any difference.
Same problem here. Just repeats the old stories and never gives any "headline news." Who do you contact to report this problem?

ABC News streamed ok for me for the past 3 years BUT is now broken in 2019.36.2.x. Problem is each news segment (sports, headlines, etc) plays 30 or so seconds from an older segment.... then starts over at the beginning. Some kind of buffering bug? And this happens on EACH segment.

Of course i have rebooted many (10+) times without change. Also no change in the 3 most recent updates. I am currently on 2019.36.2.1

Anybody else?
Did you ever solve this?

Looks like I've got lots of company. ABC News stopped working for me also at first it would never give me the lead stories but only the more ancillary stuff. No it won't load at all been like that for a few weeks don't know that it matters but I'm running a 2012 Model S on MCU1 with daughter board upgrade.