Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with summon after update.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
90D refreshed, ap1. Just updated to 2448cfc. Tight garage settings set to tight. (Double checked)

Before, it would back in a little slow stopping sometimes, but goes in straight. Now, gets half way and wheel turns way to the right so it would hit the side of the garage door. Had to stop it. Anyone else having this issue?

I can confirm this. After using AutoPark (Summon) very successfully in my garage for well over 800 times, it has seriously become psychotic since 2017.34. It backs in the garage until the front wheels get near the threshold, and then cranks the wheels all the way hard left. I myself am a bit of an analytic risk taker, so I let it keep going to observe. It eventually straightens the wheels back up, but now the car is seriously cockeyed and the front is stressfully close. I wrote this message on 09/03/2017, praising Summon for how well it works, and then on 09/07/2017 I received 2017.34, and it no longer inspires confidence.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
I have a similar issue backing out of the garage. Used it dozens of times before without issues. After the most recent update, it would move out a little bit, just as it reaches the garage threshold, it would crank the wheel to one side and go on a collision path to the wall separating the garage doors. I never let it go on to see what happens. I do know that this hasn't been a problem before.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I can further validate this. I used Summon at my friend's garage, which has been fine in the past. It did the same thing. It starts backing in, then somewhere between halfway in, and to the point where the front tires near the threshold, it stops and cranks the wheels hard left or right, all the way to the stop, then slow starts to straighten the wheels again as it continues backing in.

I understand that ultrasonic sensors can't pickup everything, which is why I always line up nice and straight. With this latest behavior, it's going to hit something that it can't "see" because it's taking drastic measures for no apparent reason.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: croman
I have encountered a similar issue as well. It doesn't occur every time I use summon, however I would say 8/10 times it will work correctly.

My garage is a tight fit however the two times it occurred I simply stop summons, use select forward which straightens the wheel again, then reverse without any issues.