Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with summons stopping at garage door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tried many times to enter my garage with summons but it keeps stopping and starting. It never just goes right in. Anyone have this issue?

Your asking about "Summon" right?:)
Summon works really well leaving the garage but going it does hesitate, but after a few seconds proceeds. However, just before it finishes the wheel turns and goes in at a crooked angle. So much so I no longer use it going into the garage since I just have to fix it. Not sure why its doing this but am going to try and rearrange items in the front of the garage.

Change in level of the ground will stop it, and pretty much all garages change level going from garage to driveway to direct rain water away from the garage. We summon our MX out from the garage every day and usually just when the front wheels hit the threshold backing out, the car will stop. It will turn the front wheels a bit and continue backing up. But once in a while, it will just stop there with the front of the car right under the garage door.

1) It could be because your driveway is not flat enough (tilted at an angle) which I am not sure how to get your driveway flatter.

2) Also, there might be a bump or high lip at the garage door floor. Some have reported success by placing a thin long piece of wood there.
That’s the issue and I’ll try once I get back. Sounds like a few ppl are having the same issue!
MC

It would be interesting to know from Tesla exactly up to what angle the system is expected to work. As some have said, all driveways have some tilt to prevent flooding of the garage. I always assumed that the problem would be a very steep angle, like a basement garage or a hillside kind of situation, but it seems to be much less than that...