Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with Tesla app on iPhone 12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is just conformed that you are clueless. 1)Issues with Tesla app not being able to connect to care are not new, you can find posts on this from many years ago. 2) it affected more than one model of iPhone, again just Google it. 3) Apple did not on purpose fixed the issue with 14.2.1 update. Which means that the issue will persist on other devices and that no one knows what the problem was. Also, it is quite possible that that with 14.3 update the issue will appear as well. 4) I presented you with email from Tesla who clearly told us that all of us need to call Tesla directly to COMPLAINT so the recorded cases increasing and they will take it seriously. 6) it’s important to Tesla to be aware of widespread problem.
Yes, old issues remain old issues. The new issue, which occurs on iPhone 12 5G only, may have been fixed by the iOS update. Or maybe not. So far I haven't heard anybody say it hasn't been fixed. But it would be nice to see more people who had the problem tell us that the iOS update made it go away.

If whining makes you happy, go for it. It won't change anything. But I'm done listening to it. Bye.

So after all the theories it would seem to have been an IOS issue all along?
No way to tell. It was likely an issue with one of the three interfaces: between the Tesla app and iOS; or the Tesla app and AT&T; or iOS and AT&T. Something was changed in iOS, or maybe in both iOS and AT&T and now it works. Who screwed up and what the fix was we can't be sure. But if it's fixed, that's good.

14.2.1 did not do it for me. I’ve had to turn my Bluetooth off and on everyday this week. Opening the app doesn’t even do it even though I keep it running in the background anyways. Toggling Bluetooth fixes it but it’s getting annoying especially when I’ve got my hands tied up carrying stuff and I have to get the phone out and toggle

iPhone 12 Pro Max here with Verizon. Have been experiencing update issues for 2 months. Still unresolved. Tesla phone support "elevated technical team" or something along those lines, informed me they have seen many issues with the new iPhone, per the rep it relates to the 5g capability. Suggested I turn it off and only utilize 4G LTE when in the car, which is fine, but even that did not fix the issue when they pushed the software update back to my car again last night -- failed after 30 minutes stuck at 10%.