Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with Tesla Finance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to submit the finance application for Model 3 order, but every time it just says "error submitting application". I chatted to somebody from the local dealership (Manchester Trafford Centre) via text message and a phone call, they said the system probably doesn't like my address. Best advice they could give was "sign up for experian credit check and see how your address looks like in there"!

Well, I've signed up and tried to enter my address as it appears in Experian but it still just gives me the same errors! Has anybody experienced anything similar? My credit score there is showing as "excellent" / 999 out of 999, and I'm not seeing anything Tesla related in the list of companies which have recently done a credit check on me; so I guess their system is just crap and can't find my profile or whatever...

Currently also waiting for someone from the dealer to get back to me, but honestly they've not been particularly helpful so far... 🙄 Hoping this is not going to delay the order, but it's showing estimated June/July at the moment anyway...

Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 14.20.51.png

Currently also waiting for someone from the dealer to get back to me, but honestly they've not been particularly helpful so far... 🙄 Hoping this is not going to delay the order, but it's showing estimated June/July at the moment anyway...
Not a very helpful response, but I'd suggest waiting until tomorrow or Monday before following up. I wouldn't hold my breath for a call back today either. It's the last day of the quarter today, which is always the busiest day for them by far.

I had this same problem - My real address is No. 1 Sxxxx farm cottages, Bxxxxxx Lane. The only way I could get through Tesla finance was to change the address to No. 1 Bxxxxxx Lane. The finance passed in 1 second...
The bizarre thing is - that address is another house entirely a mile down the road! My credit file is all on my real (the original) address... - makes no sense...

Hmm you could be on to something @munkypuzel! I changed it from "flat xxxx, y street name" to "y, street name" and it gives me a _slightly_ different error message now! At least it doesn't mention SSN (USA) any more! Will have a play around with that...

"Please your application with your full legal name, date of birth and registered address, including flat number. Please make sure to use a correct postal code."

So an update... This morning at around half 8 I got an email to say "your application requires additional information". I logged in and it's magically got past the enter your address phase, even though the last time I touched it, it was still giving the above errors.

I had spoken to somebody on the phone, but they were not able to help. I also got mad and tweeted at Elon / Tesla, and sent a mail to [email protected]. None of these have replied yet though, so no idea if somebody did something to make it move along or if it just magically fixed itself 🤷‍♂️

I've uploaded my docs so waiting for that to be verified now.

Further update; the person from the dealership yesterday saw a message I had sent 3 or 4 days prior, and "reset" my account. So I had to go through the finance application again! Luckily they were more "on it" this time and managed to get it all sorted again within a day. Not sure why it had to be so difficult the first time around...

So in summary I think my advice to anybody with similar issues would be to just put your address in correctly then speak to the dealership / finance team and get them to resolve from their end. Faffing about trying different address combos was bad advice from the dealer initially.