Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with TeslaCam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been trying to get the TeslaCam setup in my new preowned model s with no luck. It is formatted as FAT32 and TeslaCam is the folder name. I plug it into one of the only two usb outlets I see in my car, however the Tesla cam icon does not show. Any other tips to try?

I have been trying to get the TeslaCam setup in my new preowned model s with no luck. It is formatted as FAT32 and TeslaCam is the folder name. I plug it into one of the only two usb outlets I see in my car, however the Tesla cam icon does not show. Any other tips to try?
I’ll start with the obvious; What year and software version is your S?

2017, software is 10.2 and said it was up to date. Thanks!
Give up. TeslaCam and Sentry simply don't work on MCU1 cars. Regardless of what you have heard, TeslaCam and Sentry don't are not effective on the older MCU. I've had it, I tried everything. It fools you with the TeslaCam icon, but it doesn't save anything to media. You will need to upgrade to MCU2 to get the benefits of TeslaCam and Sentry. And considering all the other things that you get with MCU2, its worth it.

Give up. TeslaCam and Sentry simply don't work on MCU1 cars. Regardless of what you have heard, TeslaCam and Sentry don't are not effective on the older MCU. I've had it, I tried everything. It fools you with the TeslaCam icon, but it doesn't save anything to media. You will need to upgrade to MCU2 to get the benefits of TeslaCam and Sentry. And considering all the other things that you get with MCU2, its worth it.

wrong. I have HW3 with MCU1 and TeslaCam and Sentry work flawlessly.