Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought this might be worth a new thread.
Washed my car last weekend using a pressure washer. Some water got into the left rear lens at the end of the strip bearing the TESLA name - not sure if that is the reversing light or not. However, there is condensation in there, which I will be showing a Tesla tech today.

I must politely disagree with the idea that the car cannot be washed with a pressure washer. Practically every detailer uses one, including very high end folks. I use one regularly without issue. The Tesla manual advises that you keep the pressure washer 12 inches away from the car and keep the spray moving.

As for the water in the tail light, this can happen when not washing the car too. They are not completely sealed, and I seem to recall some discussion here that the lack of seal is by design.

In any event, I haven't had any trouble getting the water out. After you wash the car, use an electric leaf blower and it will blow out the water. It works well on the area around the hatch window, the side markers, the side view mirrors, etc.

G'day Folks, Have now had the new 'Electric Wheels' for 3 weeks. One word - magnificent ! Just a query seeking a response - anyone else out there troubled by quite audible local mobile phone interference when on the road ? It seems a constant issue in my patch of South Western Victoria.

G'day Folks, Have now had the new 'Electric Wheels' for 3 weeks. One word - magnificent ! Just a query seeking a response - anyone else out there troubled by quite audible local mobile phone interference when on the road ? It seems a constant issue in my patch of South Western Victoria.

No noise at all. I've had people asking me if I'm in the car since there is no background noise. If you are talking about interference on AM radio then I'd admit that I've hardly used the AM or FM at all since I can get better quality sound using tune-in.

Do you mean out of the car speakers you here the old 2G beeping noises?

If so, Yes I get that certain areas where coverage drops. I'm surprised to hear it too but I've read it is common in the model S so probably no fix for it...

It seems to depend on the position on the phone too. Try moving it away from the Center console.

Anyone noticed issues with the sound system? Mine, playing from USB or Rdio will get partway through a song and either cut out or move on to the next song which occasionally won't play at all. Only solution then is to advance to the next song. Irritating. Set on shuffle.

Do you mean out of the car speakers you here the old 2G beeping noises?

If so, Yes I get that certain areas where coverage drops. I'm surprised to hear it too but I've read it is common in the model S so probably no fix for it...

It seems to depend on the position on the phone too. Try moving it away from the Center console.

Thanks danielp, I have to confess to being something of an ignoramus with this technology !
I haven't yet worked out how to 'switch off' all Media. So, the AM radio is 'on', with the sound down to 'X' !

Is the mobile phone interference coming through the radio ? Quite frankly, I don't know !

Your suggestion about my own mobile being too close could be right. It does presently live below the touchscreen, so, more work needed on my part. Tks & Rgds.

To clarify, it won't come thru the AM/FM - it comes via the speaker wires and possibly the audio unit I believe. So even if you are playing through USB, you'll still hear the noise.

For me it happens when I loose 3G/4G and it connects (negotiates) GPRS.

This is probably caused by poor or faulty shielding (by design..)

wpapua - From a mobile perspective and as you live in the country the technology is dependant on the operator. If you are a Telstra user you would most likely be on NextG/3g which operates on 850mhz and gives the best range. If you are on Telstra it is unlikely that you would be on 2g unless your phone is very old and cant do 3g!

If you are on another network the probability is that you will spend a lot of time, when in the country or in poor coverage areas, on 2g.

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/mobile_phone_frequencies

heers
Higgy