Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with windows on delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

X007X

2020 Model X Long Range Owner
Oct 6, 2020
Long Island
Just picked up my September build Model X. Very happy with fit and finish of the car until I rolled down my window as I was about to leave delivery. Drivers window struggles to go down and could barley go back up. It did close but at a snails pace. Tried the other windows and they all seemed to have a similar issue but not as bad as the drivers window. Took it in for service yesterday, they lubricated the windows and it appears to have helped. Need to go back and replace the seals as they are on order and hopefully truly fix the issue. When I got home, I noticed the front doors are not aligned correctly now. Doors appear to be sticking out. Was not like this before service appointment.

Has anyone had a similar window issues?
Also will fixing the doors be a problem?

Attachments

• 23969202-A48C-4E5E-A943-F7741D2EBD1D.jpeg
    23969202-A48C-4E5E-A943-F7741D2EBD1D.jpeg
    374.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 5775D2FF-D16B-4BAB-9510-563B310C7D96.jpeg
    5775D2FF-D16B-4BAB-9510-563B310C7D96.jpeg
    400 KB · Views: 133
Good grief...that looks terrible. But the good news is, should be easily fixable.

Went back to service today and they fixed the doors thankfully. Now just have to go back on November 5th when the parts come in for the following:

-window glass replacement for passenger behind driver
-wood trim on front dash that has a nick in it from install
- all the door seals because the windows still don’t feel 100% correct
- fix the app issues that constantly says front passenger window is open when it’s not

I really love the car and I know most of this stuff is minor. But for the drivers window to barely be able to go up and down, that shows they really do minimal quality control at the factory/ delivery centers. No way this issues gets past most other automakers quality control inspections .

Reactions: johnking