Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor iSun Oasis, the Smart Solar Canopy Your Tesla Deserves

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDITOR’S NOTE:  This is a sponsored post from Renewz, a provider of smart, solar canopies.

I’m a Tesla owner and fan, ever since I visited the Fremont factory in May 2012 where I saw the very first battery packs being tested. At that time, I was there to help them with designs for their solar canopies.

As time has gone by, I’ve wondered why we, as electric vehicle or home owners, couldn’t benefit from the same kind of technology at our homes. So I gathered our team at Renewz, and started brainstorming many of the features we’d want if designing a shelter/canopy for our homes. Questions soon arose about people who had garages, lived in municipalities that don’t allow structures, power produced, etc…, and so began the work back in 2015 to develop the iSun Oasis.

In order to help the team, I went back into my days of developing solar consumer goods and re-emphasized that it wasn’t only about “watts,” yet more about “watt for.” We wanted to create something unique, practical, fun and…sleek. Some of these features Tesla has incorporated into their tiles, yet we wanted to create an ecosystem that anyone could benefit from, not only those ready to do a complete roof replacement or place solar panels on their roofs (which many buyers shun). We wanted a product that could enhance the use of your home, its value, protect the environment, in fact deliver a host of benefits to any family. We even reignited the iSun brand, which I had originally registered back in 1999, before iPad, iPod or iPhone ever came to the market.

The resulting product and platform combine the best of solar technology hardware, easy to use software and a host of other features. From smart, connected lighting and EV chargers, to simple touches like plant holders and USB/110V plugs power outlets for our favorite devices. Obviously, each will decide where they want to place it and with an online configurator, determine which accessories (and eventually color) they want. Some will be able to use it as a carport, some as a gazebo, some as a patio-cover. Whatever the use, it will shelter your family and your things beautifully, while producing clean solar power each and every day. Even the curve of the roof was designed to capture sunlight no matter the layout of your driveway, patio or garden, while allowing rain or snow to slide off the sides. While you configure your iSun Oasis online, you’ll see lifetime energy savings, grants and incentives in your zip code and finance options.

iSun-Oasis_Gazebo.png
From an aesthetic perspective, the product had to complement many different home styles. Practically, it had to do things that enhanced your life with it. Little touches like color and placement of lighting, the mobile app that allows you to see everything from power produced to how much pollen is in the air where you are, should help accomplish that goal. And as importantly, our platform helps you in your quest to augment how much solar energy you use for your Tesla vehicle recharging. The power doesn’t go directly into your vehicle, rather it goes into your home power panel, so you may say indirectly that your car goes farther because of solar! In California, you will likely get an extra 40 miles per day from the solar generation, at peak. In Massachusetts, perhaps more like about 30 miles. Of course, it always depends on conditions, yet we’re giving you averages. And if the power isn’t helping recharge your car, its powering your air conditioner, fridge, lighting or anything connected to your electrical panel. The power is never wasted. Based on American solar power technology, we wanted to create a truly unique experience, so that like your Tesla, it actually improves as software features are added. 

iSun-Oasis_Patio.png
We’re offering early birds a 25% rebate on the beautiful iSun Oasis (because what else should your home be other than an “oasis”). When combined with the USA’s 30% tax credit, plus other local and state grants and incentives, one really has a chance to get a beautiful shading system that will improve with time, enhance life around the house…and even transports with you should you decide to take it on your journey to another home. Check it out and sign up for updates at isunenergy.com.

Sass Peress is CEO of Renewz Sustainable Solutions Inc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about the aesthetics. It's a good idea, but I doubt this would ever be approved by the architectural committee in my town. Or by my spouse.

The fact that the solar panels are completely unrecognizable (ie. it looks like a metal roof) may help you. We'd be happy to help in such case that you are interested. Just sign up and then perhaps in the new year, when you know more, you can make a decision and our customer service will support you.