Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla_circa_1890-224x300.jpeg

Look at that mustached genius Nikola Tesla!

Nikola Tesla was a genius inventor and engineer in the electrical field back in the late 1800’s. His name was solidified in history with his work on AC current and the Tesla Coil. However recently, when you hear the word ‘Tesla” it is not in regards to the man. It is referring to the brand of electric luxury cars – Tesla Motors, of which Nikola is the namesake. With three lines available now including the Roadster, Model S and Model X, and a fourth, the Model 3, is tentatively being released next year. This electric vehicle brand is the ultimate in class and design while guaranteeing power and safety. These are also the qualities valued by Torklift Central and the EcoHitch brand.

Model S = Model Success
EcoHitch has designed the perfect hidden trailer hitch for the Model S, including 2012 model years all the way up to 2016. By producing this aftermarket trailer hitch, Model S owners can have the same conveniences of any other vehicle. With a weight rating of 200 pounds tongue weight and 2000 pounds towing weight, this trailer hitch is perfect for installing a bike rack with a couple bikes and hitting the great outdoors.

tesla_evangelist_photo_2-300x217.png

We've made the perfect hitch to complement the Model S

The Tesla Model S EcoHitch Stealth installation and no-drill, bolt on application ensures the integrity of this classy vehicle is maintained by avoiding unnecessary drilling. The design of this concealed hitch for Tesla Model S also assures there is no bulky and unsightly hitch hanging down distracting from the beauty and sleek lines that have been designed into this car and preserves its aerodynamics. There are no visible parts after installing a hitch on Tesla Model S, and with a “Stealth” removable receiver, everything is completely hidden while not in use. When you don’t need the hitch for the Model S EcoHitch, you can detach the receiver, thus hiding the hitch and making it completely undetectable.

This hidden hitch for Model S is the only one of its kind on the market. It has been wildly popular with Tesla Model S owners who are looking for a way to conveniently and easily haul light loads. On the Tesla Motors forum, one forum user “halginz” asked about bike racks for his Tesla. Multiple forum users had nothing but praise for this trailer hitch for Tesla Model S.

At Torklift Central you’ll find more glowing reviews for this Tesla hitch and you can expect great quality from any EcoHitch we manufacture. Part of this quality includes the strict adherence and testing to meet SAE J684 towing and safety standards. High impact powder coat on each hitch provides superior protection, the EcoHitch is lightweight and made with recycled aerospace grade aluminum, stainless steel or steel.

The Law for Model S
law-auto-pilot-3.jpg

Whether you’re looking to add a stylistic touch to your Model S, or just need to display your front plate long enough to get to the next car show, The Law for Tesla Model S has you covered.

The features of the Model S Law include:
  • Auto Pilot compatible
  • No drilling
  • Easy to install
  • No rust or corrosion
  • 31 U.S. States require a front license plate to be displayed on your vehicle
  • Mountable in the factory honeycomb grill

Other Model S Accessories Include:
  • The Undercover – a specially designed cover for the EcoHitch Stealth. The cover slides into place and stays put by powerful magnets
  • WeatherTech FloorLiners - Made to give your interior carpet complete front and rear protection
  • Multiple bike racks and cargo carriers - Once you get your EcoHitch installed of course

Get Out and Go with Torklift Central’s Tesla Model S EcoHitch and The Law license plate bracket for the Model S. Let us know if you have any questions, we'd be more than happy to help!

Torklift Central
315 Central Ave N. Kent, WA 98032
[email protected]
877-343-6933
www.torkliftcentral.com

My wife has had an EcoHitch on her Model S for 4 years now. Great product!

Wonderful photo Chad! The EcoHitch looks awesome on your wife's car.

I love them - have them on both Model S's, actually just sold my wife's P85 with the hitch, so need to get another one for the 90D...

Thank you so much Xenoilphobe! We're very happy to hear that you are enjoying your EcoHitches and are looking forward to getting another one.

@Torklift Central can a Model S with your hitch tow this trailer?

Safari Condo

Dry weight: 1,725 lbs

Hey ecarfan,

Thanks for your question! The EcoHitch is rated up to 2,000 pounds towing weight and will handle the dry weight of the Safari Condo. However, you will need to determine your trailers weight when fully loaded. To do this, you will need to load your trailer down with what you are planning on towing so you know the exact weight to be sure your not exceeding the 2,000 pound max capacity of towing weight.

Another important thing to consider is the trailers loaded tongue weight. The EcoHitch is rated to handle 200 pounds max tongue weight. I am including a link on how to weigh your trailer tongue weight with a bathroom scale, or you can have someone take it to a weigh station to weight when the trailer is fully loaded. Torklift Central | How to load a trailer without exceeding trailer tongue weight / Torklift Central Blogs

We always suggest reviewing your vehicle manufacture's recommended towing capabilities. We have several customers who have towed and carried using our EcoHitch on the Model S. Let us know if you have any further questions!

And of course trailer lights... any good solution there?

Good question brkaus! There is definitely an option to do trailer wiring for the Model S with the EcoHitch. The trailer wiring will need to be done while the rear bumper is off for the hitch installation. If you have questions about it, our tech support would be more than happy to talk it out with you at 800-246-8132.

I want to get one of these hitches on my new S. Probably going to do it sometime in spring though as I don't bike during the winter. Since I live in Portland, does Torklift do installation if I come up to your location in Kent?

I want to get one of these hitches on my new S. Probably going to do it sometime in spring though as I don't bike during the winter. Since I live in Portland, does Torklift do installation if I come up to your location in Kent?

Hey rolson1011,
Thank you for your question. Yes, we have done many Model S EcoHitch installations at our shop and we'd love for you to come stop by in the Spring to get set up for biking!

Reactions: rolson1011
I had them install our EcoHitch at their Kent location a few months ago. Couldn't have been easier. We're local and my family has used their services for years -- starting way back before Tesla even existed. I've never hesitated to recommend them to anyone.

We always suggest reviewing your vehicle manufacture's recommended towing capabilities. We have several customers who have towed and carried using our EcoHitch on the Model S. Let us know if you have any further questions!

I'm confused by this statement. I went and checked Tesla's "recommended towing capabilities". It's zero.

Reactions: N4HHE
5000lbs, 416 HP, 443 ft/lbs of torque at zero rpm -- similar build to an X -- why not? My Miata is rated for 2000 lbs and its a tin can with no little HP and no torque....

smells like a marketing ploy for the X... I would like to see a model S tow a 747... because it could especially the P100D Remember the V10 TDI VW