Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It’s been 1051 days since I paid in full for FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my 2020 Model S Long Range Raven.
FSD tried to side-swipe two times over 3 days - once on on-ramp, the other when two cars changing lanes. I need to be MORE vigilant using FSD. Turning off now and deciding to return car to get different one without crazy FSD.
Do NOT recommend buying any FSD or other Tesla 'option' unless its proven working before purchase - save the $7K and use it wisely elsewhere.

PS Autopilot on our Model X and this S work fine - good feature, and present on other ICE cars, so not really distinguishing. I just like electric.

You have literally missed the entire point of the thread and FSD in general. What you were using is Traffic Aware Cruise Control with AutoSteer which is a) still in Beta and b) not FSD. Full Self Driving which is an entirely new Neural Net architecture based on the capabilities of the HW3/FSD chip and trained in a new self supervised learning model on the Dojo training super computer are not in any Teslas yet.

Recommending people to not buy the $7k FSD option based on your anecdotal ill-informed story is not helping. Sure you can argue that the FSD that Tesla are working on will never turn into a reality or be far worse than promised, but whatever you are experiencing now is nowhere near their final product. Please don't conflate the two.

Reactions: dbldwn02
Today’s tweet: @elonmusk it’s now been 1,128 days since I paid you $3,000 for FSD. Now I’m hearing Tesla has calculated it would be less expensive to just abandon AP2.0 owners. Believe me, if you want your big payout you need to announce you will be upgrading us AP2.0 owners that paid for FSD.

Where did you hear that? Sounds like a rumor. As far as I know upgrading AP2 to AP3 is harder than they thought but Tesla is still planning to try.

Where did you hear that? Sounds like a rumor. As far as I know upgrading AP2 to AP3 is harder than they thought but Tesla is still planning to try.
I heard it from posts at TMC and elsewhere. It might all be conjecture, that’s not the point I’m trying to make to Elon. My point is the cost to Tesla is small compared to the cost of him losing his big payout. All it would take is a bunch of us that paid for FSD in AP2.0 cars went to our local media...
Elon needs to understand we are loyal only to a point.

I heard it from posts at TMC and elsewhere. It might all be conjecture, that’s not the point I’m trying to make to Elon. My point is the cost to Tesla is small compared to the cost of him losing his big payout. All it would take is a bunch of us that paid for FSD in AP2.0 cars went to our local media...
Elon needs to understand we are loyal only to a point.

I know as an AP2 owner you are understandably concerned about getting the upgrade that you have a right to, but if it is physically possible to do the upgrade, Tesla will do the upgrade. And, if it is not possible, I think Tesla should give owners a full FSD refund and give them free FSD on their next car purchase.

I know as an AP2 owner you are understandably concerned about getting the upgrade that you have a right to, but if it is physically possible to do the upgrade, Tesla will do the upgrade. And, if it is not possible, I think Tesla should give owners a full FSD refund and give them free FSD on their next car purchase.
I'm not buying another one unless one of my two Tesla's in destroyed somehow. I already took a major loss (>$40k) when I traded in my Early 2013 S85 for a new Late 2016 (Dec 31st) S90D with AP2.0 all based on the promise from Elon that the car would have all of the hardware and was ready for full FSD. A refund is not acceptable. At this point there are only 2 things that I will accept: 1) providing the Upgrade to HW3 (MCU2 would be a bonus) or 2) allowing me to trade my 12/31/16 MS90D purchased with FSD, in at no cost to me for a new S-D with HW3 FSD hardware and software.

I'm not buying another one unless one of my two Tesla's in destroyed somehow. I already took a major loss (>$40k) when I traded in my Early 2013 S85 for a new Late 2016 (Dec 31st) S90D with AP2.0 all based on the promise from Elon that the car would have all of the hardware and was ready for full FSD. A refund is not acceptable. At this point there are only 2 things that I will accept: 1) providing the Upgrade to HW3 (MCU2 would be a bonus) or 2) allowing me to trade my 12/31/16 MS90D purchased with FSD, in at no cost to me for a new S-D with HW3 FSD hardware and software.

Respectfully, your trade-in loss is not Tesla's fault. You might not accept a refund but a refund is absolutely acceptable. All Tesla owes you is the FSD features that you paid for or your money back if they can't deliver the FSD features.

I don't think option #2 is realistic. There is about a $30k difference in value between your current S90D and a new long range Model S with FSD. So you are basically asking Tesla to just give you $30k. That's way more than the value of the FSD that Tesla owes you. Why would Tesla just give you $30k for FSD which is only worth $7k?

Do you have any proof that they are working on this or is this wishful thinking on your part ?

Not direct proof but Tesla has said many times that AP2 will get the upgrade. Do you have any reak evidence that they are not working on it?

Respectfully, your trade-in loss is not Tesla's fault. You might not accept a refund but a refund is absolutely acceptable. All Tesla owes you is the FSD features that you paid for or your money back if they can't deliver the FSD features.

I don't think option #2 is realistic. There is about a $30k difference in value between your current S90D and a new long range Model S with FSD. So you are basically asking Tesla to just give you $30k. That's way more than the value of the FSD that Tesla owes you. Why would Tesla just give you $30k for FSD which is only worth $7k?

Not direct proof but Tesla has said many times that AP2 will get the upgrade. Do you have any reak evidence that they are not working on it?
Honestly you have zero rights to tell us AP2 suckers on what is acceptable or not :cool:
Tell your Mr. Charlatan to stop selling something when he does not have a working product. That $4k+ of mine could have become $30k or more if I did not give it Tesla so it is NOT acceptable for me to accept just a full refund. Regarding free FSD for next purchase..fool me once etc.

I think the lawyers will make the case of loss of value