Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It’s been a long time coming...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys!

Been reading here for approximately 2 years now and just decided to pull the trigger last week! Located on the east coast so a 4-7 week delivery right now is giving me time to get accessories in order.

Car Ordered: M3 LR AWD/Pearl White/Black Interior/18” Aero

Accessories Ordered: Roadie, full set of mats, PPF for headlights, 3M vinyl for the body, screen protector, center console wrap, and cup holder mats.

Still waiting to see if I want to drive 200 miles to pick it up or have it delivered to my house. Read mixed reviews!

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated, I look forward to being in the community!

-TS

Welcome to TMC!

The only really must-have accessories are whatever you need to charge the car in your situation. (That might not require anything extra.)

For lack of other information I’d say go pick the car up...you’ll learn a lot on those 200 miles back home and isn’t it fun to road trip a new car?

I’ve come across some interesting “take the car home” stories at Superchargers. Last week I met a gentleman who had just picked up a Model S in Washington State...he and his son were driving the car home, to Arizona! A couple years ago my wife met somebody who had picked up a Model 3 at the Tesla factory and was taking it home to Alabama.

Either way, enjoy!

Bruce.

Thanks guys! I will be picking the car up and driving it back then, really excited for it. Now I’m just trying to pass the time quickly like everyone else haha

Have a great road trip home in your new Tesla !!! Another affordable accessory that I feel was worth it, was to swap out the factory LED lights in the trunk with brighter aftermarket ones. It makes a noticeable difference. Just a thought.....

Have a great road trip home in your new Tesla !!! Another affordable accessory that I feel was worth it, was to swap out the factory LED lights in the trunk with brighter aftermarket ones. It makes a noticeable difference. Just a thought.....

Any brand you recommend for this? Do you find it inconvenient that the trunk/frunk don’t auto open or would you say it’s not too bad?

Any brand you recommend for this? Do you find it inconvenient that the trunk/frunk don’t auto open or would you say it’s not too bad?

I have both the Abstract Ocean LED lights as well as LED lights from Amazon. To me, they are close to the same in brightness and both are definitely brighter than the factory OEM LED trunk lights. The aftermarket LED lights can also be used for the puddle lights in the doors. It's also the same size light in the front footwells, but not all aftermarket LED lights will dim in the footwells. Abstract Ocean does sell the LED lights specifically for the footwells.

I've never had a car with auto open/close trunk/frunk, so I haven't missed it with the Model 3. There are aftermarket kits available for it though...

You will have fun accessorizing the car !!