Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey @acarlos1000! Thanks for the question, we have finished updating the Undercover for the refresh Model S and it will fit
Thanks for the reply @Torklift Central , so do I need to specify anything on the order, like say it is for a ModelS Refresh. Also another question. After seeing what happened with @GarrickS 's ModelS, is there anything special on the EcoHitch to fit the Refresh Model S. do I need to tell the installer that he needs to grind off some material ?

Alright, I just got home from the shop that installed the @Torklift Central EcoHitch on my MS. For those that are looking for someone that has experience installing these on Teslas in the SF Bay Area, I recommend Luis at the Midnight Trailer in Redwood City. He is super careful and did all of it in under 3 hours.

IMG_0728.JPG
IMG_0740.JPG
IMG_0742.JPG
IMG_0745.JPG
IMG_0753.JPG
IMG_0755.JPG
IMG_0761.JPG
IMG_0765.JPG
IMG_0763.JPG

The only this that did not work was the Undercover, as you can see below it does not fit well.

IMG_0756.JPG

Reactions: Torklift Central
@Torklift Central I had a ecohitch on my 2012 Model S, and just got it installed on my 2017 (sold my beloved 2012). The unit didn't ship with the undercover, which may be due to the overhang shown above (unsure).

Is there an ETA on a new undercover design?

Hey Mike, thanks for the question! Our engineering team is currently working on a refreshed design for 2017 fitments - We'll be sure to make an announcement when it's available for purchase.

Hi Torklift, did you finish the new undercover design? I'm about to place an order for the 1.25" version for a late 2017 post refresh.

Hey Sean - thanks for the question! Yes, we have finished and released the new Undercover design for the Refresh Model S. Here is a link to the page: 2016-2017 Tesla Model S Refresh Undercover.

Let us know if you have any questions about it and thank you for your interest in the EcoHitch and Undercover!

@Torklift
I read that Model X and Model S share the same chasis and drive train‚ but yet I am unable to find any class 3 (5000 lb towing capacity) hitch for my MS75D.

Are u aware of any hitch that I can use to pull a 3800lb camper?