Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It’s happening... used market price adjustments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a steal?! If only I could of bought your MX haha. I just bought my 2016 CPO MX P90DL last Thursday for $78,300. Black w/onyx wheels, AP1 :( though. But only has 39k miles and every option you can think of. Not sure what the upgraded high amperage charger is (72?) . But seeing these prices makes me cringe. Especially when I bought this MX thinking it came with free supercharging as all CPOs always have, until last Monday (few days prior to our purchase). Very bitter over that, but excited to pick the car up this Thursday:)

I had a hard time finding anything under 80k with six seat, tow package, 22", and ludicrous. Until now I see them everywhere, and I couldn't sacrifice those options for EAP, AP1 should be suffice

No need to have regrets. Driving a non-P X versus driving a P90DL is night and day difference. Ludicrous makes driving Tesla special. Who knows, you might not be able to get yourself to buy another Tesla without ludicrous next time....It’s what happened to me. :)

What a steal?! If only I could of bought your MX haha. I just bought my 2016 CPO MX P90DL last Thursday for $78,300. Black w/onyx wheels, AP1 :( though. But only has 39k miles and every option you can think of. Not sure what the upgraded high amperage charger is (72?) . But seeing these prices makes me cringe. Especially when I bought this MX thinking it came with free supercharging as all CPOs always have, until last Monday (few days prior to our purchase). Very bitter over that, but excited to pick the car up this Thursday:)

I had a hard time finding anything under 80k with six seat, tow package, 22", and ludicrous. Until now I see them everywhere, and I couldn't sacrifice those options for EAP, AP1 should be suffice

Yeah, i’m sure there was at least $5000 or more of convenience cost built-in to the transaction. I did price at Carmax, who offered $2k less.

I'm a cash buyer and do things much more aggressively and decisively than most. My experience is that it would have taken way too much coordination, communication and negotiation than it is typically worth (just click on any "For Sale" ad and you'll get a picture of a typical 'buyer' in the response area) - my time is just too precious.

Last edited:
No need to have regrets. Driving a non-P X versus driving a P90DL is night and day difference. Ludicrous makes driving Tesla special. Who knows, you might not be able to get yourself to buy another Tesla without ludicrous next time....It’s what happened to me. :)
Thanks haha, that's a good point. The ludicrous was very important, I just couldn't resist going without it. That's probably the biggest hyped feature for Tesla, than FSD.

Yeah, i’m sure there was at least $5000 or more of convenience cost built-in to the transaction. I did price at Carmax, who offered $2k less...

I understand how that goes. I just traded my Infiniti into carmax just to avoid the headaches on Craigslist and scammers. Accepted a few grand less, but like you said. My time is more valuable.

I’m catching so much heat on forums looking for a 100D in the $60’s. Being called lots of not so nice names. Lol!
It seems people really don’t want prices of these to come down. They don’t say quite as much after I post this screenshot from the Tesla CPO recent used sales.

Attachments

• B7708873-0E10-4FFD-8C29-F01B0F95E9C2.png
    B7708873-0E10-4FFD-8C29-F01B0F95E9C2.png
    352.4 KB · Views: 82
What a steal?! If only I could of bought your MX haha. I just bought my 2016 CPO MX P90DL last Thursday for $78,300. Black w/onyx wheels, AP1 :( though. But only has 39k miles and every option you can think of. Not sure what the upgraded high amperage charger is (72?) .

Re: 72A charger, if you plug the car into a Tesla High Power Wall Charger (can be found on the parts for sale forum) then your X will charge at 55+mph vs the ~30mph of charging on the cars now. It was an upgrade back then to double the onboard chargers in the car. Our X has it.

The best deals never get posted to Tesla.com and will never show on EV-CPO. Owners Advisers see cars several days before they are posted on the public domain. Good OAs snag all the best deals for customers.

I tried to get a guy from the store to look for something like this but he shut me down quickly by sending me to Tesla.com as "all the cars are there"... o_O

Reactions: Brutaka