Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It’s happening... used market price adjustments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they have basic AP then FSD will cost you $6000. If they have no AP software at all, AP is $3000 and FSD is $6000 over that.

You guys realize that AP2 can’t be upgraded to FSD anymore and it has been that way for a while. Tesla is downgrading inventory AP2 cars to standard AP because the AP2 hardware is obsolete and while it is still functional and they warranty problems they don’t want to replace the system to whatever they windup with eventually when they get a FSD system working in the future.

Those two guys "thumbs downing" who are disagreeing, post a screenshot showing the purchase option on an AP2 or are you just saying you agree but are disappointed, I’m just repeating what was posted.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: mongo and JusRelax
You guys realize that AP2 can’t be upgraded to FSD anymore and it has been that way for a while. Tesla is downgrading inventory AP2 cars to standard AP because the AP2 hardware is obsolete and while it is still functional and they warranty problems they don’t want to replace the system to whatever they windup with eventually when they get a FSD system working in the future.

Where did you hear this from? I'm pretty sure Tesla CPO with AP2 have basic autopilot and can pay an extra $6k after purchases for FSD.

OAs don't get a commission, some are more willing to help than others.
I also thought that about the commission. Tesla said that for a while but I was told yesterday by 2 different OA’s and the manager for one of them they do get commission. I felt bad because a OLA I have worked with in the past lost his commission on a car I found on my own, then ordered yesterday, but because it was Sunday I phoned a different OA in a showroom store for about an hour to get the car re-routed to my local SC.

Where did you hear this from? I'm pretty sure Tesla CPO with AP2 have basic autopilot and can pay an extra $6k after purchases for FSD.
It’s been talked about on this forum before. It just strikes me funny how everyone in this post and others keep talking about buying and then upgrading AP2 to FSD when it involves Tesla replacing the computer. I hadn’t heard it until I read it here on TMC. Unless someone has AP2 and sees it in their account with the option and price to purchase it then I wouldn’t believe it. What I read was that the AP2 system was now orphaned.

Those two guys who are disagreeing, post a screenshot showing the purchase option on an AP2, I’m just repeating what was posted.

It’s been talked about on this forum before. It just strikes me funny how everyone in this post and others keep talking about buying and then upgrading AP2 to FSD when it involves Tesla replacing the computer. I hadn’t heard it until I read it here on TMC. Unless someone has AP2 and sees it in their account with the option and price to purchase it then I wouldn’t believe it. What I read was that the AP2 system was now orphaned.
Sounds like no one has proved either.

Those two guys who are disagreeing, post a screenshot showing the purchase option on an AP2, I’m just repeating what was posted.
What post are you repeating and what's the source?

In 2016 when I purchased my S, Tesla offered to sell EAP for 5K at time of purchase or 6K later and FSD for 3K additional or 4K later. How can Tesla not sell FSD to those buyers on purchased EAP? It is well documented that Elon has stated numerous times that AP2 cars with FSD will be upgraded to the FSD computer at no charge. I can't show you my account page with the offer to purchase FSD because it was bought at time of purchase. I can show you the window sticker and I expect Tesla to upgrade the AP computer when FSD is deployed. Maybe I should have said IF.

That being said Tesla appears to be stripping FSD and or EAP from used AP2+ cars they are selling and would have no oppligation to sell FSD to those buyers and upgrade to the FSD computer for free. IMO they will package the computer and FSD and make it available for those cars. To do otherwise would be leaving money on the table. Would also kill the market for those vehicles that only had basic AP with no upgrade path. Could also enhance the value of my 2016 with EAP and FSD. Hmm screw em hope you are correct. LoL

Here's a post on a separate thread stating that the buyer of a CPO can purchase FSD afterward:

upload_2019-8-12_14-50-46.png

Used Purchase - Tesla disables FSD even if already purchased by previous owner?

What post are you repeating and what's the source?

In 2016 when I purchased my S, Tesla offered to sell EAP for 5K at time of purchase or 6K later and FSD for 3K additional or 4K later. How can Tesla not sell FSD to those buyers on purchased EAP? It is well documented that Elon has stated numerous times that AP2 cars with FSD will be upgraded to the FSD computer at no charge. I can't show you my account page with the offer to purchase FSD because it was bought at time of purchase. I can show you the window sticker and I expect Tesla to upgrade the AP computer when FSD is deployed. Maybe I should have said IF.

That being said Tesla appears to be stripping FSD and or EAP from used AP2+ cars they are selling and would have no oppligation to sell FSD to those buyers and upgrade to the FSD computer for free. IMO they will package the computer and FSD and make it available for those cars. To do otherwise would be leaving money on the table. Would also kill the market for those vehicles that only had basic AP with no upgrade path. Could also enhance the value of my 2016 with EAP and FSD. Hmm screw em hope you are correct. LoL

From what have read in numerous places if FSD has already been purchased and Tesla ever gets FSD working they will upgrade the computer and probably whatever extra cameras that are not compatible at the time. I think that’s the reason why Tesla isn’t offering it for purchase on the AP2 cars and but is on 2.5 and 3.0. I would have thought if FSD was available for purchase someone with 2.0 would have posted a picture from their account by now, who knows.

From what have read in numerous places if FSD has already been purchased and Tesla ever gets FSD working they will upgrade the computer and probably whatever extra cameras that are not compatible at the time. I think that’s the reason why Tesla isn’t offering it for purchase on the AP2 cars and but is on 2.5 and 3.0. I would have thought if FSD was available for purchase someone with 2.0 would have posted a picture from their account by now, who knows.

That sounds plausible and not surprising. As long as the private owner had paid for FSD they'll get it but if Tesla get their paws on the car, then this option will no longer be available, ever, for 2.0HW

That sounds plausible and not surprising. As long as the private owner had paid for FSD they'll get it but if Tesla get their paws on the car, then this option will no longer be available, ever, for 2.0HW
AP2 was a last minute work around to get a system to sell in the cars after Mobileye stopped providing them with the AP1 system. It’s not really Teslas fault AP2 wasn’t ready for prime time with the short time they had to throw it together. Once Tesla got AP2 working it wasn’t long before they realized they needed to upgrade the system to 2.5 and now 3.0. I’m like most people and only bought EAP so I think that’s why Tesla dropped the EAP option so your only option is base or to pay for FSD now even though most people will sell their current cars before Full Self Driving actually works.