Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It’s happening... used market price adjustments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMO they are doing this to avoid having to upgrade those vehicles to AP3 at no cost.

Appears they are also removing Homelink.

Removing Homelink is a weird one. That's an actual hardware module, they can't sell it as new if they remove it.
Can you even add Homelink in the S/X? I thought it was only the 3 where it no longer includes it.

If they have basic AP then FSD will cost you $6000. If they have no AP software at all, AP is $3000 and FSD is $6000 over that.

You can't buy AP any more. I am guessing they've brought used cars in line with new cars - they all have basic Autosteer + TACC and then you can buy FSD for $6k.

And even if you could buy AP for $3k, the fee to also buy FSD is not $6k but $3k

I do not understand the benefit of removing Homelink. Who wants a garage door opener on their visor. There are times I pull in my driveway and I do not want my garage door to open (lawn guy is blowing grass) and want to control it and not have software open due to GPS.

You can't buy AP any more. I am guessing they've brought used cars in line with new cars - they all have basic Autosteer + TACC and then you can buy FSD for $6k.

And even if you could buy AP for $3k, the fee to also buy FSD is not $6k but $3k

For cars which currently do not have ANY AP software enabled, they charge $3K for basic AP. You can't go straight to FSD for $6K.
Unless I'm wrong on that? I thought that was the case though.

FSD is only $3K if you have EAP. If you have basic AP then FSD is $6K.

For cars which currently do not have ANY AP software enabled, they charge $3K for basic AP. You can't go straight to FSD for $6K.
Unless I'm wrong on that? I thought that was the case though.

FSD is only $3K if you have EAP. If you have basic AP then FSD is $6K.

There is no difference between AP and EAP. If you car has no AP software and you pay $3k, you've got EAP. What you call "basic AP" is free now.

I do not understand the benefit of removing Homelink. Who wants a garage door opener on their visor. There are times I pull in my driveway and I do not want my garage door to open (lawn guy is blowing grass) and want to control it and not have software open due to GPS.
You can disable auto open/close functionality of the Homelink and still use the screen to manually operate the doors. It even pops the option up (still location based) for you so you only have to tap the screen once to open or close your garage door.

Reactions: Billstickers
If they have basic AP then FSD will cost you $6000. If they have no AP software at all, AP is $3000 and FSD is $6000 over that.

I was using the attached matrix. If Tesla is stating that the 2017 Model Vehicle comes with "Enhanced AutoPilot" then it would be a $7K cost?

Attachments

• Autopilot-Table-v8-518x1024.png
    Autopilot-Table-v8-518x1024.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 94
Regarding the 2 vehicles above, I had a search filtered by enhanced autopilot. I assume that it is FSD hardware ready so you would just need to enable it. I have heard costs for activating is $2K.

I really hope my assumption is correct.

Depending where you are and if you like blue
2017 Model X75D/41,831 miles /$62,100
2017 Model X | Tesla

I am starting to look into used Model X, seems prices are going down enough, but looking at some videos, those doors are nightmare.

There is no difference between AP and EAP. If you car has no AP software and you pay $3k, you've got EAP. What you call "basic AP" is free now.

That is not true. The free AP that is included with new cars now has only autosteer and TACC. EAP has auto lane change, Navigate on Autopilot, and Summon (and Enhanced Summon whenever that comes out, if ever).

Up until recently, you could purchase a car without AP at all. The $35,400 Model 3 SR still available also does not include AP.

While EAP was for sale, that was the bottom level of AP you could buy, but when they changed it around, they made basic AP the bottom level you can buy at $3000 and then FSD was the only level up for $6000 more. Later, they bumped up the prices of the cars by $2000 and made basic AP included and FSD remained at $6000.

There are plenty of cars out there with no AP software enabled at all, including some from when basic AP was available for purchase at $3000. Those cars can't go straight to FSD for $6000. I'm not 100% sure on that, but I think so.

That is not true. The free AP that is included with new cars now has only autosteer and TACC. EAP has auto lane change, Navigate on Autopilot, and Summon (and Enhanced Summon whenever that comes out, if ever).

Up until recently, you could purchase a car without AP at all. The $35,400 Model 3 SR still available also does not include AP.

While EAP was for sale, that was the bottom level of AP you could buy, but when they changed it around, they made basic AP the bottom level you can buy at $3000 and then FSD was the only level up for $6000 more. Later, they bumped up the prices of the cars by $2000 and made basic AP included and FSD remained at $6000.

There are plenty of cars out there with no AP software enabled at all, including some from when basic AP was available for purchase at $3000. Those cars can't go straight to FSD for $6000. I'm not 100% sure on that, but I think so.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. The current definition of AP is free so if you're saying "they charge $3k for basic AP", then it's not the same thing you're talking about.

Anyone who ever paid for non-FSD Autopilot got EAP. So if you have literally nothing, and pay $3k, you will get EAP. If you do that, you can spend a further 3k and upgrade to FSD. So not 3+6, but 3+3.

What is more likely though, is that all used AP2+ cars from Tesla come with the free basic AP, meaning Autosteer+TACC. And those people can spend $6k and get FSD.

You guys have me confused/concerned. If I purchase an AP1 car (ex: 2015 MS) will I have to pay to enable EAP?
AP1 vehicles cannot be upgrade at all (No EAP, No FSD)
If you want EAP, which is the best and Tesla should never have gotten rid of, you have to purchase a used vehicle (not from Tesla) with AP 2.0 or higher hardware.

PS
AP1 is still great and has more features than what Tesla is including on their basic Auto-Pilot now (it has basic summon, Auto-Park, and can change lanes manually without deactivating AP). It just has less cameras and is best suited to highway or state road use not city driving.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. The current definition of AP is free so if you're saying "they charge $3k for basic AP", then it's not the same thing you're talking about.

Anyone who ever paid for non-FSD Autopilot got EAP. So if you have literally nothing, and pay $3k, you will get EAP. If you do that, you can spend a further 3k and upgrade to FSD. So not 3+6, but 3+3.

What is more likely though, is that all used AP2+ cars from Tesla come with the free basic AP, meaning Autosteer+TACC. And those people can spend $6k and get FSD.

No, they do not let you buy EAP anymore. If you have NO autopilot software you can pay for basic AP or FSD, you can't buy EAP anymore.

Tesla Changes Autopilot Feature Availability | Current Automotive

You are probably right that used probably comes with basic AP for free, not no AP. At that point yes $6000 for FSD, but no option for EAP.

Great thread. Thank you for the info. I am currently looking for an X and I appreciate the incite about AP. It sounds like I want AP2 hardware.
We have both AP1 and EAP cars with AP3.0 hardware. AP1 does anything that EAP does, just as well and often better, the only additional feature is Nav On AP, which is somewhat of a joke because EAP has the self lane change ability of a super cautious, poorly sighted, 90 year driver (not to criticize older drivers). The frequency of the nagging on the newest software is way too much. My last point is that I don’t understand the elimination of the full halo "touch the wheel" warning around the instrument cluster that has now been replaced with only the top edge glowing, it gets hidden behind the top of the wheel.

Last edited:
FWIW, Tesla bought our 2018 17k mile, 6 seat 100D w/ FSD for $76k a couple weeks ago.
What a steal?! If only I could of bought your MX haha. I just bought my 2016 CPO MX P90DL last Thursday for $78,300. Black w/onyx wheels, AP1 :( though. But only has 39k miles and every option you can think of. Not sure what the upgraded high amperage charger is (72?) . But seeing these prices makes me cringe. Especially when I bought this MX thinking it came with free supercharging as all CPOs always have, until last Monday (few days prior to our purchase). Very bitter over that, but excited to pick the car up this Thursday:)

I had a hard time finding anything under 80k with six seat, tow package, 22", and ludicrous. Until now I see them everywhere, and I couldn't sacrifice those options for EAP, AP1 should be suffice