Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It’s Over, Tesla is That Good!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, the silver is pretty amazing. I've like to see it with the OEM (21+) black trim and Performance wheels. I bet the dark gray wheel color would look amazing with the additional contrast (like vs. my MSM M3P).

If silver would've been available when I got ours last year, it would've been a tough decision vs. MSM, like almost a coin toss!
Silver is my wife and my color of choice when it comes to vehicles. We simply love it, especially when it's a metallic silver - so simple to maintain and hides scratches very well. If silver was still available when we purchased our Model 3, I would have absolutely paid for it. I personally love the silver M3P that OP picked up.

It took us a while to find our newest silver vehicle, but it's gorgeous in an odd way.

van.jpg

I'm thinking of driving my 2018 LR-AWD silver from Maine to Revelstoke next Winter. I have a friend lining up some cat-skiing nearby. Gonna be a hell of a drive:
View attachment 824857
Amazing trip but lots of potholes? Amazed you’all even know Revelstoke? I’m convinced this specific model is an undiscovered collector car. To have a rare model, that does supercar 0-60 is incredible in itself. Forget M3 or M5s, it’s the Model 3 Performance in silver ;)

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Amazing trip but lots of potholes? Amazed you’all even know Revelstoke? I’m convinced this specific model is an undiscovered collector car. To have a rare model, that does supercar 0-60 is incredible in itself. Forget M3 or M5s, it’s the Model 3 Performance in silver ;)
Hmmmm...maybe I'll fly into Kelowna or Kamploops instead. I'm retired. My ski buddies just retired. We're ski bums, just a lot older now. I learned to ski at Mt. Tremblant, so skiing in Canada is something I always look forward to. Besides, if you have an Ikon ski pass, you always study the mountains on their list, like Revelstoke, etc.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of driving my 2018 LR-AWD silver from Maine to Revelstoke next Winter. I have a friend lining up some cat-skiing nearby. Gonna be a hell of a drive:
View attachment 824857
Remember that miles per KWH decreases dramatically in cold/wet/windy weather. Put the trip in a better route planner with summer weather and then do it with COLD WINDY Canadian winter weather.

• Informative
- Try to plan visiting Banff National Park.

- Do you have FSD and HW 3.0? This would be very useful for such a long trip.

I drove in one day from Yellowstone National Park to San Francisco in one day.
Using FSD was like using a video game. I was absolutly not tired after my trip.

The best FSD feature is certainly the lane change.

So with FSD, to change lane, you don't have to look constantly​
- at your rear view mirror,​
- your side view mirror, and​
- look in front of you at the same time.​
You just turn your turn sign stick and let the car doing it for you.​
- When it is safe to change lane to pass or going back to your lane..​
the car then change lane for you.​

Last edited:

This.

It was an unexpected game changer, for me. I drove from New Jersey to Ohio, walked from the car to my sister's house, and as I did, I realized I'm not exhausted the way I normally am from driving all day.

I stopped every 90 minutes or so to charge a little bit. I stop every 90 minutes or so in regular gas cars, too, because I'm prone to blood clots and want to walk around for a minute and keep things circulating.

Show the difference was definitely the simple fact that I did not have to be on alert, driving, paying full attention, foot on the pedals, the whole time.

Watching the road ahead for anything unusual that might make me want to take over from the autopilot is dramatically stressful than driving, but you won't figure it out until you have been driving for hundreds and hundreds of miles at a time.

• Informative
This.

It was an unexpected game changer, for me. I drove from New Jersey to Ohio, walked from the car to my sister's house, and as I did, I realized I'm not exhausted the way I normally am from driving all day.

I stopped every 90 minutes or so to charge a little bit. I stop every 90 minutes or so in regular gas cars, too, because I'm prone to blood clots and want to walk around for a minute and keep things circulating.

Show the difference was definitely the simple fact that I did not have to be on alert, driving, paying full attention, foot on the pedals, the whole time.

Watching the road ahead for anything unusual that might make me want to take over from the autopilot is dramatically stressful than driving, but you won't figure it out until you have been driving for hundreds and hundreds of miles at a time.
Same here for me. I did a round trip from NYC to Buffalo on consecutive days and felt fine whereas I usually feel beat up. I have a recent knee problem too, and having the AP let me keep my leg moving around so it wouldn't hurt or stiffen. I even got to where I felt comfortable letting the car come up to a slower vehicle and then switch lanes and resume speed to pass without using the pedal.

This.

While I don't have AP, I do find heavy traffic that much more mentally draining for that reason, just having to think what all the morons are going to do next:p.

- Try to plan visiting Banff National Park.

- Do you have FSD and HW 3.0? This would be very useful for such a long trip.

I drove in one day from Yellowstone National Park to San Francisco in one day.

The best FSD feature is certainly the lane change.

So with FSD, to change lane, you don't have to look constantly​
- at your rear view mirror,​
- your side view mirror, and​
- look in front of you at the same time.​
You just turn your turn sign stick and let the car doing it for you.​
- When it is safe to change lane to pass or going back to your lane..​
the car then change lane for you.​
I'm probably not going to drive, but wanted to do the planning to see how difficult it would be. I don't have HW3 or FSD, but I do have EAP, so I have the same highway functionality. I've done a 4400 mile roundtrip to Denver and back last year, and it was a breeze. 3 days to get there, and 3 days back.