Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It arrived!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 9 weeks of waiting, worrying, incessantly reading forums, etc my S85 arrived in pristine condition last evening. I had watched all of the "getting ready" videos, so I felt pretty good about getting started. With the kids visiting Chuck E Cheese with the sitter, my wife and I were free to take our first drive.

Starts out on back roads, twists and turns feel great, tight as a drum. Pulled onto the interstate, and OMG. Acceleration like I've never felt in an ICE. I've driven powerful cars before, but it is different. Instant. Exhilarating. After basically scaring the crap out of my wife and myself, we pulled off to go on a state route in the path back home. Pulling onto to US 11 after some spirited backroads driving, I observed the speed limit sign said 55. I was going 68. Right by a cop. Needless to say, getting pulled over on my first drive was both humorous and embarassing. Thankfully the officer was in a good mood, asked all sorts of questions about the car, and let me off with a smile and a warning.

Got her home, plugged in to test charging, put in the all-weather mats, got the stereo / etc working. What a car!!!

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

I'm not sure what the Tesla and the Mustang talked about last night, but I'm sure there was some generational confusion going on!

Congrats! I'm surprised at the color choice though. Not that it's bad a bad color, just would have been fitting to see a multicoat Red sitting next to your Mustang.

The mustang is my dad's... We live in a much nicer climate than he does so he shipped it to me a couple of years ago. I'm more conservative with colors / clothes / etc... (as conservative as one can be if they buy a Tesla, I suppose), but I can see your point. They would look good together.

Congratulations! Thanks for posting your first drive story. :)
Would you mind sharing a few more details about your selected options, charging setup, etc.? Thx.

I went with an S85 brown / tan with matte obeche / fog lights / parking sensors / tech package / upgraded sound. No regrets. I don't care for sunroofs, so that was an easy omission for me.

And, yes, that is an eMac. Old school.

I went with an S85 brown / tan with matte obeche / fog lights / parking sensors / tech package / upgraded sound. No regrets. I don't care for sunroofs, so that was an easy omission for me.

And, yes, that is an eMac. Old school.

Congratulations! Cool on the eMac. I bet if anyone did a poll Tesla owner's would have a much higher proportion of Apple vs. PC users than non-Tesla owners. I've told people that I'm getting a Tesla because it's like driving an iPhone. :)

To me it's more like driving an Ipad ;)

Oooh, good one! The thing that really makes me think of Apple with this car is the way Steve Jobs approached everything. He always felt he knew better than the consumer, and made products in that way (e.g. getting rid of the physical keyboard). An example in the Tesla in the center console. I have 3 kids and the lack of center console was a huge deal to me when I was ordering the car. Now that I have it, I love that there's no console. I bought an $8 black soft square that fits nearly hidden under the center part of the dash and holds the necessities. I've simplified what I have in the car and its almost a relief. The rest of the "needs" are in the frunk or glovebox.

Tesla, like Apple, knew better than me on what I needed!

Which, by the way, if you've never seen the Apple Wheel spoof, you have to google that on youtube right now. I find it absolutely hilarious and true, since I am an Apple Fangirl and now a Tesla Fangirl!