Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It didn't take long to lose confidence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the reality of the situation: Even Lexus, Porsche, and Mercedes-Benz (I've owned all three) don't do remote tire repair (at least in NY or CA where I've lived). They will tow you to their nearest service center where they will replace (or perhaps patch, not plug) the tire. And no, it's not done immediately. It all depends on how busy the service department is. Repairs are repairs. A brand new Tesla with a flat tire (which in almost all cases is from a puncture or other damage) is not more important than a two year old Tesla being repaired under warranty. In fact, a flat tire is not even Tesla's responsibility to fix unless a defect in the wheel was the cause. And defective tires are covered by their own warranty.

Is it frustrating to get a flat? Hell yeah. But if you think that selling a brand new Tesla and getting another brand will result in a different outcome, you're going to be disappointed. That's why there are over 30 tire repair shops in Denver. And thousands across the country. That's also why AAA has over 60 million members in North America.

I also want to point out that in your original post, you made an assumption on how long a repair would take: "Even once it is in the SC, who knows how long it would take to get it back." For all you know, they may have been able to address it quickly. Tire replacement can be done without the car taking up a bay and doesn't require a master mechanic.

Take a deep breath... it's a flat tire. With everything going on in the world?

Last edited:
I also have a 2016 Nissan Leaf and it doesn’t come with a spare or lug wrench. It came with the “fix a flat” bottle and an air compressor. I got two flats over the last 5 years and the holes in both instances were so big the fix a flat didn’t work.

it’s not a Tesla issue but an industry issue, I’m assuming they are trying to reduce the weight of the vehicles and since roadside assistance is so prevalent now the manufacturers have decided they aren’t needed.

Go buy a $15 torque wrench at Autozone if it concerns you.