TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

It finally happened, now I'm looking for paint shops in Tucson. Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Xminusuno, May 24, 2018.

1. Xminusuno

Xminusuno Member

Parking far away from other cars wasnt enough, some dummy clipped my front end and didn't leave a note. The damage looks mostly cosmetic. Now I want to find somewhere to fix it in Tucson or maybe Phoenix. Any recommendations?

2. Xminusuno

Xminusuno Member

3. gtmotor

gtmotor Member

Sorry to hear that... some people are terrible :( I took my old BMW to Formula 1 Collision Center and had an excellent experience there.

596 E 23rd St, Tucson, AZ 85713
    (520) 369-4291

4. WVhybrid

WVhybrid Member

Make sure the sensor bracket under the sheet metal wasn't damaged. If it was, you may have to replace the sheet metal. Sorry to be such a pessimist, but my Model 3 has been in the shop for 6 weeks waiting for a plastic body part.

• Informative x 1
  5. Xminusuno

Xminusuno Member

I get the pessimism. I've checked and the senor is still working and there doesn't appear to be any damage below the bumper, so I have some hope that I can escape needing parts. If I can't escape parts I'll be driving a rental for a while.

Thanks gtmotor, I reached out for a quote from Formula1.

6. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

A guy that was good with touchup could repair that, but metallic is a little more difficult to get perfect.!

7. ChunkyJ

ChunkyJ Member

Time to invest in a dash cam that has parking mode!

8. Brando

Brando Active Member

relax ... 3 deep breaths (maybe 10 - slowly) wait for a month or two - see how many people notice - seriously

another tip - for sure, don't use insurance money to fix

Put the money toward future re-paint job. You might want that custom paint job some day.

9. Xminusuno

Xminusuno Member

That is solid life advice all around. I'm going to get some quotes and see what the experts say it will cost, then decide if it's worth it for me. I might delay and put money towards one of those fancy protection films on the bumper when I decide I've had enough of looking at it. I already love the stock color so I don't see myself changing it. I had noticed a rock chip or two previously so it would be nice worrying less about those.

• Love x 1