Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It looks like I have LTE enabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm...I just have to ask, but has anyone confirmed that this isn't photoshopped? Any photo experts out there that can analyze the posted photo?

Actually you don't have to ask. Asking is pretty darn rude.

Someone has to be the first to get it. To imply that Korben is just making this up is out of line, at least in my opinion.

Finally, if someone was going to do that, don't you think they'd lead with the picture?

I believe Korben has a Model S with LTE.

Actually you don't have to ask. Asking is pretty darn rude.

Someone has to be the first to get it. To imply that Korben is just making this up is out of line, at least in my opinion.

Finally, if someone was going to do that, don't you think they'd lead with the picture?

I believe Korben has a Model S with LTE.

I wasn't trying to be rude, just real. I'm not hatin on anyone, everyone is entitled to believe what they want to.

So.. my november build with 3g icon is doing what the lte car is doing..

IMAG2763_zpsio7aag3g.jpg

The $64,000 question is do you have any idea what it was doing in December? Or, say, April for that matter?

Edit: In case it isn't obvious, what I'm suggesting is that if in the past Majerus had much slower throughput speeds (typical 3G speeds) and now has these speeds, that it's possible that he has been upgraded to LTE, but that the icon hasn't been changed (yet.)

Last edited:
Very interesting... I should try in a different area to see if I get an improvement.

Options include

o They just added the new icon and you are already on LTE but I have the icon
o My LTE was slow due to wireless conditions
o The test website is highly inaccurate

Not entirely sure about all the packages and where they are getting updated. It is certainly feasible to have a difference in what is loaded at the factory/service center vs. what you get over the air.

IMAG2763_zpsio7aag3g.jpg

Threads finding new features in the model S are one of the things I enjoy most about the TMC forum. My speculation (yep opinion) is that just like the sensors appearing suddenly on all newly produced cars, LTE is now being put into new builds. I also believe that there may be a cost (in the future) to use this versus 3G. Older builds WILL require a hardware update to enable it. Older builds=?? (maybe anything built before late June 1, 2015).

Very interesting... I should try in a different area to see if I get an improvement.

Options include

o They just added the new icon and you are already on LTE but I have the icon
o My LTE was slow due to wireless conditions
o The test website is highly inaccurate

Not entirely sure about all the packages and where they are getting updated. It is certainly feasible to have a difference in what is loaded at the factory/service center vs. what you get over the air.

My car was in service when it received this release, here is what i think is happening. The vpn to the mothership is causing the tests to be skewed. Logic I am in the Saint Louis MO region, my test above show Los Angles server, when I connect to Wifi it shows Chicago. See below, Also notice the upload on wifi I have 100mb down and like 4 up so the first site I think is incorrect.

IMAG2765_zpstf3fkkz3.jpg

Here are other photos

IMAG2766_zps232sjtun.jpg

and another

IMAG2767_zps6tolhcgc.jpg

Last edited: