Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It looks like you Model Y folks are going to be seeing a lot more of the O-sak 'round these parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We good ;)
f4668a4fb8f9.png

When I said it was $10 under, I wasn't kidding. 😁
just fyi. folks that ordered the Y - 7-seater its 80k cap.

Price Caps​

The vehicle price at time of delivery must not exceed the following caps. This price includes optional equipment physically attached to the vehicle at the time of delivery and excludes software features, accessories, taxes and fees.
  1. Model 3: $55,000
  2. Model Y with 5 seats: $55,000
  3. Model Y with 7 seats: $80,000

You are making a mistake. Keep the F-150.

There is no match in cabin space, frunk, plus you have a bed where you can carry bikes etc etc. The cabin noise while driving is almost non existent. The blue cruise hands free works much better than the standard autopilot.

If you want to save money and get headaches then go with the Y. If service centers could not handle the volume before imagine now… good luck!
It would be a mistake for you from the sounds of it. For our needs, the Model Y fills the role much better at a much lower price point.

I drove the truck yesterday and I can attest first-hand that it was incredibly quiet. Even at highway speeds. This was one of the first things I noticed in fact. The rest of the "features" are laughable compared to Tesla and remnants of a time long gone. The gigantic shift selector, push start button and Homelink buttons on the visor straight from the 1980's felt SO antiquated. There are tons of examples like this but I'm not going to invest the time to list them all out. Needless to say, it's glaring when compared to Tesla's software deployment and feature integration.

I can't attest to how Bluecruise compared because my truck didn't even have it even at a price tag some $25k more. That alone is a comparison though. From what I read it's still early days for that with lots of limitations I don't experience with Autopilot so it wasn't worth the absurd price they wanted and certainly wasn't worth exceeding the $80k cap making the federal tax credit null and void.

If you think that the Ford won't have any growing pains from their first ever attempt at an EV pickup truck, well... you should just get one. Spoiler alert: they're having tons of issues already and early adopters have been quite vocal in Ford forums.

After driving it for myself, the wife are in agreement and I are even more sure of our decision to order a Y now.

Reactions: JFChenger
...because I ordered up a new 2023 Model Y today. Blue on white LR w/19" wheels on it's way! w00t! Lots of people complaining about how betrayed they feel but the sheer number of new customers that will be over-the-moon with their new EV will far exceed the vocal minority who bought during a crazy time in the economy when we all (except them?) knew the prices were artificially inflated and would come back down eventually. I digress.

The $20k+ price drop (between $13k discount & $7,500 federal tax credit) was just too much to resist. Couple that with the myriad of small quality of life improvements on this new 2023 version and it just seemed like a no brainer. Total net price will be under $45k once it's all said and done. What a crazy good deal.

The funny part is that I literally have a brand new Ford F150 Lightning that arrived at the dealer the same day of the discount. Doesn't look like I'll be taking delivery of that now as this fits our current needs better and the softening used car market makes me less interested in taking delivery of a truck that will likely be worth less than I paid even w/the tax credit(s).

I went to our local Tesla Store today to drive one of the 2023's but they didn't have any available spots. I've driven them before but not the newest 2023 and I'm curious how the new Comfort Suspension rides out. That was one of my bigger gripes with the previous version was that it rode too stiff/harsh. It sounds like I wasn't alone and they revised it to be a little more supple. Since I couldn't get a test drive scheduled until next week I figured I'd just buy one since I'd likely get to drive it sooner.

FWIW, our local shop had 22 of the 2023 Y's on the lot that all sold in less than 48hrs since the discount was announced. Crazy.
Congrats!

Long time Tesla owner too and I, too, couldn't pass the price drop and ordered a LR Y on the 13th.

Reactions: Ostrichsak
I've been told bank cheque (aka cashier's check) yes, personal check no.
However, I've been told that the Tesla App can be used to give Tesla access to your checking account for an electronic withdrawal.

I'm most comfortable presenting a bank cheque. YMMV
Wife and I were driving from Cape Cod to AZ end of August 2022. Two hours into the SIX DAY ride I'm notified our Tesla M3 SR was ready for pick-up and, among other things, Tesla wanted their money. I hit a button on my smart phone and the money in the account already connected to Tesla from our bank (used mostly for Supercharger fees) transferred the required amount to Tesla.

Could not have been easier!

Oh, and I modified our six day ride to head to Scottsdale AZ (where our new Tesla was to be picked-up) instead of Green Valley, south of Tucson! Teslas now picked up in Tucson for anyone living in the area.

Rich

Reactions: thesmokingman
I've been told bank cheque (aka cashier's check) yes, personal check no.
However, I've been told that the Tesla App can be used to give Tesla access to your checking account for an electronic withdrawal.

I'm most comfortable presenting a bank cheque. YMMV
Either way, I'll present a physical check once I inspect the vehicle. I'm not giving Tesla electronic access to anything that I can't control/cancel. They've burned me far to many times over the years with big aspects of transactions to trust they can behave.

It would be a mistake for you from the sounds of it. For our needs, the Model Y fills the role much better at a much lower price point.

I drove the truck yesterday and I can attest first-hand that it was incredibly quiet. Even at highway speeds. This was one of the first things I noticed in fact. The rest of the "features" are laughable compared to Tesla and remnants of a time long gone. The gigantic shift selector, push start button and Homelink buttons on the visor straight from the 1980's felt SO antiquated. There are tons of examples like this but I'm not going to invest the time to list them all out. Needless to say, it's glaring when compared to Tesla's software deployment and feature integration.

I can't attest to how Bluecruise compared because my truck didn't even have it even at a price tag some $25k more. That alone is a comparison though. From what I read it's still early days for that with lots of limitations I don't experience with Autopilot so it wasn't worth the absurd price they wanted and certainly wasn't worth exceeding the $80k cap making the federal tax credit null and void.

If you think that the Ford won't have any growing pains from their first ever attempt at an EV pickup truck, well... you should just get one. Spoiler alert: they're having tons of issues already and early adopters have been quite vocal in Ford forums.

After driving it for myself, the wife are in agreement and I are even more sure of our decision to order a Y now.
I have an F150 Lightning and and had 3 Ys. Mind that I purchased the F150 prior to the increases and I received a Tax Credit so the money factor does play a role in your case.

I am not an internet warrior that gives opinions on things they want to have. I am talking from my direct experience.

I will never go back to Tesla

...because I ordered up a new 2023 Model Y today. Blue on white LR w/19" wheels on it's way! w00t! Lots of people complaining about how betrayed they feel but the sheer number of new customers that will be over-the-moon with their new EV will far exceed the vocal minority who bought during a crazy time in the economy when we all (except them?) knew the prices were artificially inflated and would come back down eventually. I digress.

The $20k+ price drop (between $13k discount & $7,500 federal tax credit) was just too much to resist. Couple that with the myriad of small quality of life improvements on this new 2023 version and it just seemed like a no brainer. Total net price will be under $45k once it's all said and done. What a crazy good deal.

The funny part is that I literally have a brand new Ford F150 Lightning that arrived at the dealer the same day of the discount. Doesn't look like I'll be taking delivery of that now as this fits our current needs better and the softening used car market makes me less interested in taking delivery of a truck that will likely be worth less than I paid even w/the tax credit(s).

I went to our local Tesla Store today to drive one of the 2023's but they didn't have any available spots. I've driven them before but not the newest 2023 and I'm curious how the new Comfort Suspension rides out. That was one of my bigger gripes with the previous version was that it rode too stiff/harsh. It sounds like I wasn't alone and they revised it to be a little more supple. Since I couldn't get a test drive scheduled until next week I figured I'd just buy one since I'd likely get to drive it sooner.

FWIW, our local shop had 22 of the 2023 Y's on the lot that all sold in less than 48hrs since the discount was announced. Crazy.
I did the same thing, been waiting, pulled the trigger last night, White on Black LR w/19" wheels.. thinking about ordering another one and dumping both of my S's...