Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It was startling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome stuff here Jim. Can't wait to see you in some of the pictures with your new Tesla. Glad you went with the performance. You will enjoy that acceleration for years to come. Not many post here on TMC of members that purchased the performance and traded it in for a slower model. There are many here and on FB that have sold their car for a P or mention that they should have purchased the Performance.

Jim, I love this!!

Go with your heart. Get it and don’t think twice. I’m sure you’ve made enough practical decisions in your life that you owe yourself a fun one!

But maaaaaaybe go test drive that Plaid first. That thing is other-worldly. (Even without the acceleration —- just that interior is spectacular!)
Well, I'm 78, and I've found that thinking twice about Tesla almost guarantees you'll end up driving it home. In this case, thinking twice will probably end up with Jim buying the MYP and the Plaid. And on another note, 80 is no longer as old as it used to be, especially if you've lived clean and careful. Heck, not very many years ago, 55 was time to retire and sit on the porch.

I love this story. But also omg when you said "hit it" my heart dropped because i thought you hit something. LOL.
Agree with your wife. If you can afford it, enjoy it while you can! I've heard mixed things about the yoke as an after market items interfering with airbags since the airbags are different in yoke steering wheel teslas so if you go with that, do your due diligence.

You've have to update us on the decision once you make it!

Yesterday, I ordered a model 3 Performance while ordering I did a "Chat" with a Tesla rep and told them I want 2022 model not a 2021. I was told they would note it in the order.

I am pretty sure that happened because the Tesla rep at one of the Tesla stores told me that I would get it in December. Even Tesla's web site stated it would be a December delivery. BUT this morning I logged on to my Tesla account to discover the delivery date has changed to be in January or February.

Oh well, I'll have to drive a Smart Car for a couple months but better than get the car in December to discover that it was a 2021 car

Yesterday, I ordered a model 3 Performance while ordering I did a "Chat" with a Tesla rep and told them I want 2022 model not a 2021. I was told they would note it in the order.

I am pretty sure that happened because the Tesla rep at one of the Tesla stores told me that I would get it in December. Even Tesla's web site stated it would be a December delivery. BUT this morning I logged on to my Tesla account to discover the delivery date has changed to be in January or February.

Oh well, I'll have to drive a Smart Car for a couple months but better than get the car in December to discover that it was a 2021 car
When you get your VIN, check that "NF" comes before the last six digits - that will be a 2022. An "MF" indicates a 2021.

When you get your VIN, check that "NF" comes before the last six digits - that will be a 2022. An "MF" indicates a 2021.

Thanks. I will do.

I was just funded for my SR 2019 Tesla. The car is no longer mine.

Now I have to sit and wait and wait and wait. It will be an eternity.

In the meantime, I cannot figure out how to cancel my Nextflix account off the Tesla. Anyone know how?

yay congrats on your M3P! from what i understand you should definitely be getting a 2022. any car made after beginning of november 2021 is a 2022 now. i took delivery end of november and mine is a 2022. it's one less thing to worry about it. even tho your edd says next year, you might still get it in december! i've heard that the M3Ps are delivering super fast (~10 days). if you do get it next year tho, you might be able to take advantage of that tax credit that might be passing so you'll get awarded for your patience at least.

After I drove my Model 3P for a month, and read about rim and tire problems I got out a tape measure and it's about 1 3/4" from the edge of the rim to the concrete with 46 lb of air in the tire. No wonder the problems. I bought a set of Titan7 18" forged wheels and tires. The ride was instantly improved and no more worries. It was the right choice for me.
Be sure not to drive your Summer Performance Michelins (that come on the P) in temps 32F and below. They may crack and certainly will have little traction. No warranty for that. I love my P though.

Reactions: tm1v2
I love this story. But also omg when you said "hit it" my heart dropped because i thought you hit something. LOL.
Agree with your wife. If you can afford it, enjoy it while you can! I've heard mixed things about the yoke as an after market items interfering with airbags since the airbags are different in yoke steering wheel teslas so if you go with that, do your due diligence.

You've have to update us on the decision once you make it!

I've thought a lot about the yoke but decided not to. I wanted to add something different on the SR but I now have a different, new car coming. I'll be happy

RPM Tesla sells an actual yoke made from a Tesla steering wheel. The air bags will OEM

In the meantime, I cannot figure out how to cancel my Nextflix account off the Tesla. Anyone know how?

Login to Netflix on the web, under your Profile (top right icon), go to Account, and in the Settings:

1638962955116.png

Select and confirm Sign out of all devices, that will require re-authentication on everything (your devices like AppleTV, SmartTVs, iPads, etc.)

At this point you could go one step further and change your password as well, probably not necessary as I don't believe the Tesla system retains the auth info if forced to logout.

@JimShaw

I'm not able to edit my post above, but I meant to add: before you do anything, just confirm your account credentials, since you'll need to log back into all your devices. You can always check your browser's password storage (like in Chrome, Settings), or in your keychain on a Mac (for Safari), etc.

I didn't want you to wind up with hassling over getting back into Netflix :)

@JimShaw

I'm not able to edit my post above, but I meant to add: before you do anything, just confirm your account credentials, since you'll need to log back into all your devices. You can always check your browser's password storage (like in Chrome, Settings), or in your keychain on a Mac (for Safari), etc.

I didn't want you to wind up with hassling over getting back into Netflix :)

👍