TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Italy holiday

Discussion in 'Europe' started by SAN, Jun 30, 2015.

1. SAN

SAN New Member

We are travelling to Garda Lake in 2 weeks time. Can anyone advise me how to charge using public loadingpoints? I don't have a Hera loading pass for Italy, and probably will not receive it in time. What do you suggest? Can I borrow a card from anyone?
    And are there people from Holland who can recommend a stop-over hotel with charging facilitiy between Holland and Garda Lake?

2. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Member

Yes very interesting question. We will also visit Italia in August (Lake Garde and Island of Elba). Hopefully some of the Italian forum members can help.

3. paragliding

paragliding Member

Hi SAN,
    An italian TMC member told me tath at every IKEA Store you'll be able to charge for free if you have the IKEA Family card wich is also free.
    They told me also if you manage to contact the Tesla store in Milan they will give you some useful information about other card and possibilities to charge in Italy.

4. fmda

fmda Member

Hi, on my destination they have a 3 phase cee 4 pin connector, so without the N eutral. Is it possible to use this to charge model S?

5. Edi99

Edi99 Egbert Dijkstra

The easiest and quickest way to obtain an Italian Charge card is by Due Energie

· Contact [email protected] to request a contract
    · You’ll receive it via email (usually same day)
    · Fill-in the contract, signs it and send it to [email protected], include copy of your ID
    · You will receive the card at home within 4 days (also outside Italy)
    · Charges the card of 40 euro for 100 kWh: now the card is ready
    · The customer is informed when he is going to reach the threshold
    · You can charge more kWh on the card directly on [email protected] paying with PayPal or VISA
    · The card is valid for 12 months, after 12 months you give back the card or recharge 40 euros for 100 kWh and continues to use the service for other 12 months.

6. Jan85D

Jan85D Member

I agree with Edi99: contacting Due Energie is the easiest way.
    I was unable to get a decent contact with Enel.
    Beware that only a few charging points from Enel work with the card from Due Energy! In Rome only 2 stations, both at the same location, work with this card, although I've seen a lot of Enel stations all over the city. Check the site of Due Energie in advance: Home Page - Mobility Due Energie

7. Mitrovic

Mitrovic Member

I just was at the Garda Lake and in Venezia. By far the easiest is to use the Superchargers.
    I used Martigny ( Switzerland ), Cavaglia and Verona. Perfect!

8. robertvg

robertvg Active Member

@Johann Koeber , did you stay at Elba last year ?
    Did you have a hotel or appartment with an opportunity to charge your car that you can recommend ?