Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Item Dropped Into Door Handle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My daughter had to get something from the car this morning and when she opened the door a small piece of the chain from a necklace got trapped in the door handle. Her effort to retrieve the trapped piece caused it to fall into this hole and drop down into the door. Gone.

I don’t have a sense of where this cavity goes or whether the small piece of chain could cause problems with any of the inner-workings of the door. Should I just forget about it and take a wait and see approach? Is there an easy way to access this cavity to remove the piece of chain?

Anyone else have something drop down into this space?

Thanks!

Attachments

• B6373D0A-AB42-42A4-B579-5FF4A891DA88.jpeg
    B6373D0A-AB42-42A4-B579-5FF4A891DA88.jpeg
    498.5 KB · Views: 98
Thanks for this - that seems like a really touchy process. I could probably get that first panel off... but 50/50 whether I could get it all back together properly. No idea what it would take to get through that 2nd panel. It's a front door, so... yeah, there's a lot going on there.

This video shows how to get through the 2nd panel. 0% chance I'd be able to do this.

Thanks for this - that seems like a really touchy process. I could probably get that first panel off... but 50/50 whether I could get it all back together properly. No idea what it would take to get through that 2nd panel. It's a front door, so... yeah, there's a lot going on there.
I've taken the inner door piece multiple times. It's not super hard. You'll need a good strong pry tool but also make sure it's plastic.