Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's a beautiful thing......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To explain further, if an EV had two charge settings (such as 80% for routine use and 100% for trip), the EPA said it would average the range of the two settings and that’s what could be advertised as the EPA rated range. This is one reason Tesla now has the slider, so there aren’t two settings for the EPA to average. The original firmware for the Model S had two settings, daily and trip, and daily was 92% or 93% as I recall.

Would be nice if you could simply set the time you're going to start you trip and have the car handle charging to 100% when you're ready to leave.

I thought the app/UI DID permit that?

As far as I know no. It lets you schedule a time to start charging which is fairly simple since you should know the charge per hour you normally get
I'm just looking to make it even easier. In the scheme of things this would be low on my list of priorities though. Would rather see increased use of voice commands to reduce the amount of time I need to interact with the screen.

Attachments

• 20180428_204935.jpg
    20180428_204935.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Informative
Reactions: LBusDoor90
As far as I know no. It lets you schedule a time to start charging which is fairly simple since you should know the charge per hour you normally get
I'm just looking to make it even easier. In the scheme of things this would be low on my list of priorities though. Would rather see increased use of voice commands to reduce the amount of time I need to interact with the screen.
You’re right, the math is simple for the UI to know exactly when to start to reach the desired % right when we would plan to drive. Maybe it’s another future firmware update.

while we're on the battery topic, which way is better, charging everyday so that you'd be at 80% (or 90% for that matter) every morning, or wait until it drops to about 20% and charge?
Plug in every day if you can and let the battery management system manage the battery. There is no advantage to waiting until the charge is low, and in fact Tesla recommends against it. It’s in the owners manual IN BOLD AND UPPER CASE LIKE THIS so Tesla must think it’s important. Just make it a habit to plug in when you get home, soon it will be routine and you’ll never have to think about it.

The Model S used to come with a card that says “A connected Model S is a happy Model S”.

Plug in every day if you can and let the battery management system manage the battery. There is no advantage to waiting until the charge is low, and in fact Tesla recommends against it. It’s in the owners manual IN BOLD AND UPPER CASE LIKE THIS so Tesla must think it’s important. Just make it a habit to plug in when you get home, soon it will be routine and you’ll never have to think about it.

The Model S used to come with a card that says “A connected Model S is a happy Model S”.
Some of us do not always have convenient way to charge. Is it really bad to charge twice a week?

• Informative
Reactions: Brady12