Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's almost Christmas tree time! Can I bring one home on top of the S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We traded out both of our cars for two Model S's this year, one with a sunroof and one without. Last year I just threw the Christmas tree on top of our Toyota Sienna, it had a roof rack so we could tie the tree down. I'm not sure how to do it this year, has anyone ever bought a tree and drove it home on top of your Model S? What's the best way to tie it down if no roof rack?

Reactions: jlv1
I do it every year. I put a soft blanket on top, and put the tree on that, and tie it down.

Attachments

• IMG_6600.JPG
    IMG_6600.JPG
    650.9 KB · Views: 854
We traded out both of our cars for two Model S's this year, one with a sunroof and one without. Last year I just threw the Christmas tree on top of our Toyota Sienna, it had a roof rack so we could tie the tree down. I'm not sure how to do it this year, has anyone ever bought a tree and drove it home on top of your Model S? What's the best way to tie it down if no roof rack?
Make sure to engage Santa mode first:)

This will be our first year we don't have another car to bring home a tree from the farm, so we'll likely just tie it like in several of the pictures above on top of the S. Certainly would be more difficult to tie it to the X!

Just tie to the glass roof. We bought back a 7 footer on my model 3 last Christmas. With model s, you maybe able to fit one inside but then you will have to vacuum the entire cabin and trunk... spiders, pines, sap, etc.... With the glass roof, I just have to rinse the roof and wipe out the sap.

Like others have said, just put a moving blanket on the roof to protect the roof, tie the tree on the top. No problem. I think this one was a 9 foot tree.

upload_2019-11-13_21-7-55.png

I don't recommend doing any launches with the tree on top though.

Bruce.

PS. On a related note, I am most proud of the time I put a 9-foot Christmas tree inside my Prius (2nd generation) and was still able to close the hatch.

Reactions: kingkong5