Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's Amazing What You Can Cram into a Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wdolson

Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2015
Clark Co, WA
Had to take a long twin mattress to Goodwill.

Mattress.jpg

Only when we tried to drop it off we found out that Washington recently passed a law forbidding the donation of mattresses to charities, even if it's clean.

If you're tall you might end up with your feet a bit squished at the hatch. The back end just barely cleared the hatch. I also had to run the front seats up so far I wouldn't be able to get into the car. My SO was able to squeeze in and drive it down the hill, but she wouldn't have been comfortable driving more than a short distance. A regular twin would have fit much easier.

Reactions: kevinf311
If you're tall you might end up with your feet a bit squished at the hatch. The back end just barely cleared the hatch. I also had to run the front seats up so far I wouldn't be able to get into the car. My SO was able to squeeze in and drive it down the hill, but she wouldn't have been comfortable driving more than a short distance. A regular twin would have fit much easier.

Excellent. I am not tall and I have access to a regular twin not a long style twin mattress.

This might legit be the most helpful thread on the forums :D

• Funny
Reactions: taldric
I stuck two 65" TVs in my trunk yesterday.

The guys at Best Buy that helped me load them said there was no chance any sedan could fit one, much less two, tvs that size in the trunk.

I reminded them that the Tesla isn't just any sedan...

Last December I went to Costco to buy a new 65" flatscreen TV. I got help wheeling it out on the pallet cart to my car by the Costco staff member. As we approached my S, he stopped short and insisted that the TV would not fit inside. He prepared to turn back to the store. I told him to wait, opened the liftgate, folded down the seats, and the TV in original packaging slid into place perfectly. Amazed Costco employee walked back with the rolling pallet. I then loaded up the obligatory packages of paper towels and toilet paper, etc on top of the TV, and drove home.

Excellent. I am not tall and I have access to a regular twin not a long style twin mattress.

This might legit be the most helpful thread on the forums :D

Glad I could inspire you.

What surprises me a bit is how unimpressed the Goodwill people are. My SO said they didn't comment on how we got a big bed in the back and another time I took a rather large folding table down there and they didn't blink.

I came from a VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, it has about the same internal storage space; however, the Model S is wider so it's actually easier to toss my girlfriend's bike in the back. I find this surprising every time how much easier it is... has me considering not getting the roof rack. Doubtful I can get two bikes in the back... that would be the key factor.

We load TWO Santa Cruz Tallboy 29er mountain bikes in the back of our Model S with the wheels on. Trick is to put the front tire in a partially zipped 29er size bicycle wheel bag... then thread the handlebars in front of the rear wheel wells by holding bike frame up and outboard while twisting the handlebars / wheel.

Even our 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee didn't have as much usable space as our Model S. :cool:

Reactions: javawolfpack
I wouldn't call Goodwill a charity. It's a multi-billion dollar, high profit margin, retail business.

I know there have been controversies, but they still have 501 (c)(3) status and they take most of the unwanted household stuff we get rid of. I can write my donations off my taxes as a charitable donation, so financially they are a charity.

The collection station is also conveniently located in the nearest shopping center to home.

Doubtful I can get two bikes in the back... that would be the key factor.
On our 3 week cross-country trek last year we packed both our bikes in the back, seats down, wheels on. Our trick was to remove the floor panel by the bumper and put the front wheels partially in the space. Most our luggage was in the frunk though we did have room in the back if needed. Yes, you can fit two with a little practice and forethought.