Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog It’s Been a Good Year for Teslas and PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Regularly each Tuesday, SunTek paint protection film installers all around the U.S. post their best Tesla work to Instagram. We’ve compiled ten of our favorite images here for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy! And if ten images just aren’t enough, head over to Instagram and search #GetSunTek and #TeslaTuesday for more images that will make your Tesla-loving heart beat faster.

1-Ozbraz.png
Road-ready Model 3 with full-front SunTek PPF to protect from the Arizona roads, plus SunTek CXP Series window tint to block the Arizona heat. Image from OzBraz in Phoenix, AZ.

2-Precision.png
Front-end installation of SunTek PPF Ultra on a hot red Model S. It also got 2-stage correction before PPF and ceramic coating after. Image from Precision Wrap and Tint in Torrance, CA.

3-Platinum.png
A full wrap of velvety-looking matte SunTek PPF plus SunTek window tint transformed this model X into a tough road warrior. Image from Platinum Automotive Wraps in Minneapolis, MN.

4-My-Tesla.png
The rich, rare burgundy color on this Model X really stands out with the added gloss of freshly installed SunTek PPF – plus now it will last for years. Image from My Tesla Miami in Miami, FL.

5-Platinum.png
This sharp white Model X was fully wrapped with SunTek PPF to fight off stains, flying rocks, and other threats to a flawless finish. Image from Platinum Automotive Wraps in Fridley, Minnesota. 

6-Emerald.png
SunTek PPF and tint take this Model 3 to a new level of sleekness. As the beads of water are wiped off, any swirl marks created will self-heal and disappear. Image from Emerald Coast Customs in Destin, FL.

7-Dynamic.png
This Model 3 is showing off full-front SunTek PPF Ultra. The windows have SunTek CIR Series tint for dark, dramatic contrast to the white paint. Image from Dynamic Tint in Tempe, AZ. 

8-Clear-Bra.png
Another white Model 3 with SunTek PPF Ultra and CIR Series tint, plus ceramic coating. Hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors and headlights are protected. Image from Clear Bra Ohio in Fairfield, OH.

9-Jays-Detail.png
This Model 3 will roll out with a full wrap of SunTek PPF Ultra, plus CIR Series tint for custom look and protection from interior sun damage. Image from Jay’s Detail Studio in San Antonio, TX.

10-Presidential.png
Looking fine and ready to deliver, with SunTek PPF on the entire front end and ceramic coating, even on wheels and those hot red calipers. Image from Presidential Detailing in Tampa, FL.

Drooling after that scroll through in-progress shots and fine-looking finishes? Now might be the time to pull the trigger on a full or partial wrap with PPF. Those of you with protected Teslas might enjoy a quick walk outside to admire your investment.

Have beauty shots of your own PPF – wrapped Tesla? Please share in the comments.

Ready to protect your Tesla? Find a SunTek Dealer

Check out SunTek on Facebook and Instagram

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much! We strive to be innovative and be the best!

Dumb question: how does one know for sure that they're getting Suntek ppf? If that's not clear, let me explain. An installer I've contacted does a 5-year and a 10-year ppf. The 5-year is apparently "their brand", and the 10-year is Suntek. So let's say I pay the extra for the 10-year. How do I know for sure that they used the Suntek? Further, how would I know if they used Suntek C vs. Suntek Ultra?

Dumb question: how does one know for sure that they're getting Suntek ppf? If that's not clear, let me explain. An installer I've contacted does a 5-year and a 10-year ppf. The 5-year is apparently "their brand", and the 10-year is Suntek. So let's say I pay the extra for the 10-year. How do I know for sure that they used the Suntek? Further, how would I know if they used Suntek C vs. Suntek Ultra?

Hello! Not a dumb question at all, could I ask the shop you are working with (shop name and location?) if they are willing to say the 10 year is SunTek then I am unsure if their 5 year film is SunTek, sounds like it may be something else.

I would ask them straight up what brand it is, that you've done your research and you want to understand the product that is being used on your vehicle since this is not an inexpensive purchase, and there could be some bad efffects of having a poor quality film installed on your Tesla.

As far as comparing SunTek 5 year PPFC and SunTek 10 year Ultra - use a spray bottle with water only and mist the film. 5 year PPFC will puddle, 10 year Ultra will visibly bead. PPF Ultra has a HyrdoResist top coat that helps ensure the performance over 10 years.

Hopefully this helps, let us know if we can reach out to a shop for you.

Hello,
This is more of a budget question than anything. I've been quoted Partial Front = $899 (includes approximately 1/3rd of the hood, 1/3rd of the fenders, full front bumper and mirror caps)...is this a good deal and is this sufficient coverage?