Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Its been over 7 days since the FSD button appeared. Has anyone gotten FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not at all. im saying everyone who paid for it should have access to it.........if you paid, you own it. tesla likes to lead everyone around by the nose. just look at all the fun tesla has had with everyones 10k for the last 5 yrs.......buying bitcoin and whatever else. that 10k in tesla stock 5 yrs later would be worth what......? just can't believe someone hasn't held tesla to account yet. you can't sell something that doesn't exist

not at all. im saying everyone who paid for it should have access to it.........if you paid, you own it. tesla likes to lead everyone around by the nose. just look at all the fun tesla has had with everyones 10k for the last 5 yrs.......buying bitcoin and whatever else. that 10k in tesla stock 5 yrs later would be worth what......? just can't believe someone hasn't held tesla to account yet. you can't sell something that doesn't exist
Not good at reading your purchase agreement?

Reactions: K5TRX
You can downvote him if you like but I'm with rickybobee here, the whole idea was over hyped. The money charged was very high, the actual utility delivered was not very high, and while I think there's plenty of long term value in what is going on here, the short term value proposition of paying 10k (years ago) for cool driver assistance features (now) did not work out very well. Better to just say 'hey you can pay for early access to cutting edge technology' (i'll happily agree that this is what was really being promised, and happily admit this is what has really been delivered) without using deceptive words like 'full self driving'.

Reactions: SJROSSO
lol. I read it that's why I didn't buy it. if you enjoy giving out 10k interest free 5 yr loans(and counting) then im happy for you
I know what I paid 10k for friend. Auto park, FSD highway, chime at lights, auto lane change, and the promise some day of city driving.

Although I got a 100 safety score and I did NOT get into the beta, I'm not super angry or bitter. I think this is incredibly exciting and I'm fine waiting and seeing how development goes.

Tesla is a cool company and they're building something very cool, pushing the entire automobile industry forward and quite literally changing the world. I'd pay the 10k again if given the choice.

Reactions: K5TRX and rxlawdude
Well this is sure to stir up a hornets nest, but how many of you read everything you sign... be honest. Every page of your mortgage or refinance agreement ? I'm sure you've read all the software license agreements you have agreed to, and have copies, because essentially, we are dealing with a lot of software capability here. I'm not saying nobody reads agreements that could affect their lives, but I have seen plenty of people "just check the box" that says "I have read the terms and agree." There will be a test.. what was on the 4th page of the Apple iCloud terms and conditions published in September of 2019, or did you disagree. What did you commit to ? No Google

I didn't think I would be the self in Full Self Driving

Reactions: rickybobbee
but I have seen plenty of people "just check the box" that says "I have read the terms and agree." There will be a test.. what was on the 4th page of the Apple iCloud terms and conditions published in September of 2019, or did you disagree. What did you commit to ? No Google
Many years ago a company actually put a paragraph in their license agreement that said (more or less) "send an email to us here and we will send you $1000". Almost NO-ONE did that ($1000 for Reading a EULA (7 Years Later)).

There is also this, which is even funnier. I like the one about "giving up your oldest child in exchange for WiFi" :)

Back the the thread topic... Another batch of people are getting FDS today. 240 roughly equated to 1,200 so maybe 600 more so far today? Here is TeslaFi:

Date11/0211/0110/3110/3010/2910/2810/2710/2610/25
Installs138351625596123939
So - in 3 weeks (~20 days) about 11,000 people have got FSD. Not that far from original Musk statement of 1k/day.

As they keep taking in more people (and lower scores) - they might end up with over 50k beta testers ?!

So - in 3 weeks (~20 days) about 11,000 people have got FSD. Not that far from original Musk statement of 1k/day.

As they keep taking in more people (and lower scores) - they might end up with over 50k beta testers ?!
I might be high but I’m pretty sure 20 x 1000 is 20,000 and so 11,000 is 55% of what he promised.

That feels “far off” to me.

But I have the beta so I don’t really care…

• Funny
Reactions: rxlawdude
I might be high but I’m pretty sure 20 x 1000 is 20,000 and so 11,000 is 55% of what he promised.

That feels “far off” to me.

But I have the beta so I don’t really care…
Its not far off - in the sense so many people were saying just 1k would get FSD and noone else will get for months. Let me find those posts and link them here ;)

Didn't realize they might take FSD beta away if you are a "bad" driver after getting the update. I went down to 83 on my first day and have been working my way back up since. Up to 92 now. They should really calculate if there is an object in front of you for the hard braking and turning scores. Also I think the unsafe following dings I got were after disengaging autopilot which has poor braking and following with the current release.
So I've been driving with the safety score since it came out. My first day was pretty bad due to heavy traffic and hard breaking. I've since gotten my score up to 93 by being extra cautious and taking a couple of 200 mile drives this weekend.

Should I keep the car in the driveway this week? I don't think I'll see the score come up too much, and I could definitely see it going down.
We are so discouraged with this whole FSD thing--we don't even use it but stick to the "cruise control"/auto pilot and have issues wit that!! Hard jerks away from cars in the next lane--for no apparent reason and sudden braking--. Our score has been at 97 forever. Granted, we have not done much driving, but this week did about 1,000 miles to the Grand Canyon and back. We are actually talking about trading this information something else---NON-Tesla.

Can't wait to test the FSD Beta. I've been able to maintain a score of 99 while driving around 600+ miles since enrolling. I wonder if Tesla will take mileage into consideration when selecting the safest drivers to roll the beta out to? Seems like it would be foolish to choose someone with a score of 100 who has only driven 50 miles, over someone with even a 95 that has driven 1,000 miles.
We have a Model 3 and just did about 1.000 miles to the Grand Canyon and back. Our score has been at 97 for quite a while, with little driving (40 some RT) and now the big trip. The car has had sudden braking and veering away from cars in the next lane (two lane highway_); plus weird stopping in construction zones--had to keep my foot ready on the gas to keep us going. And this all on the "Cruise Control"/autopilot. We are thinking of trading this monkey in for some other brand of EV. We have paid the 10,000 and have not seen the benefit.

Reactions: Terminator857