Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Its been over 7 days since the FSD button appeared. Has anyone gotten FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I has been over 7 days since the FSD request button appeared. Has anyone received the update to FSD Beta?
Also, how long do I have to drive like a granny to keep my safety score up? Tesla better not string me along for six months making me keep my score up with the promise of FSD beta one day. I bought a car with decent performance for a reason. I don't want to drive it like a Kia minivan, braking early and crawling around freeway onramps.

I has been over 7 days since the FSD request button appeared. Has anyone received the update to FSD Beta?
Also, how long do I have to drive like a granny to keep my safety score up? Tesla better not string me along for six months making me keep my score up with the promise of FSD beta one day. I bought a car with decent performance for a reason. I don't want to drive it like a Kia minivan, braking early and crawling around freeway onramps.

Tesla has not deployed FSD Beta to us yet. Elon said that FSD Beta for people with the button was delayed to this coming Friday to coincide with the release of V10.2.

Reactions: jebinc

Welcome to the twilight zone!

7 days then another 7 days and who knows what next.

The consent on your screen said up to 30 days.

But Tesla has warned that "bad" drivers would lose their FSD beta, so that sounds like driving like a student driver forever until that policy is revoked.

Reactions: Aerodyna
Can't wait to test the FSD Beta. I've been able to maintain a score of 99 while driving around 600+ miles since enrolling. I wonder if Tesla will take mileage into consideration when selecting the safest drivers to roll the beta out to? Seems like it would be foolish to choose someone with a score of 100 who has only driven 50 miles, over someone with even a 95 that has driven 1,000 miles.

Didn't realize they might take FSD beta away if you are a "bad" driver after getting the update. I went down to 83 on my first day and have been working my way back up since. Up to 92 now. They should really calculate if there is an object in front of you for the hard braking and turning scores. Also I think the unsafe following dings I got were after disengaging autopilot which has poor braking and following with the current release.

...foolish to choose someone with a score of 100 who has only driven 50 miles, over someone with even a 95 that has driven 1,000 miles.
That depends on the purpose.

If it's about getting fewer chances of accidents then fewer miles, less traffic, fewer challenges are prioritized. The best ones are those who will get FSB beta and keep their cars at home and not driving.

If they're not driving, what good does that do for the FSD program? I wouldn't think those would be the best ones.

Again, the definition of "best" depends on the purpose of the score.

If the purpose is to get good stats for public relations, then the fewer incidents the better which means to target those amateurs who don't drive or drive very little.

Leave the driving to the professionals that are paid by Tesla in controlled drives to work out the bugs.

There are already just too many imperfections to work out so there's no need for the amateurs in challenging uncontrolled drives on youtube to tell them that it's buggy.

If they're not driving, what good does that do for the FSD program? I wouldn't think those would be the best ones.
You're assuming the purpose of the release is to get data to improve the system.
But there are alternate reasons, like marketing, and/or recognizing revenue for finally "shipping" "FSD".
If the goal is to "ship" "FSD" but also to minimize accidents, videos of it doing bad things, etc, then they would prioritize people that drove very little.

Whats the point of selecting someone to test city fsd beta, if most of those 1,000 miles are on freeway - esp. if done to mask bad city driving ?
Except aren't they suddenly going to go "single stack" in this release so you get completely new, untested freeway software as well?

I've been saying single stack is a distraction and I doubt they will go single stack anytime soon.
And now we're back to believing Elon on some things, and not on others.
He said single stack was coming in 10.1. He said FSD was going wide in 10.12. Why do we believe one of those things and not the other?

Only point here is that believing anything before it happens is a random guess, and Tesla's actual logic is an opaque magic 8 ball.

I'm 99% sure that some people with 85 "safety scores" will get the "FSD" "Beta" while a bunch of people with 95+ won't. It will hardly be used. It will all be demographics, location, hardware configuration and other primary factors. The "Safety score" is as much a distraction as the single stack is.

I don't think Tesla would get much useful data from someone who drives so little. I see your point on freeway drives, but that's useful data too.
Tesla would anyday prefer 10 miles of city driving data to 500 miles of driving across a desert. They already have a billion miles of freeway driving - besides they keep getting those since everyone has NOA (all those who paid for FSD).

Reactions: nvx1977
Welcome to the twilight zone!

7 days then another 7 days and who knows what next.

The consent on your screen said up to 30 days.

But Tesla has warned that "bad" drivers would lose their FSD beta, so that sounds like driving like a student driver forever until that policy is revoked.

Well, 10 days only took 6 months, so...

• Funny
Reactions: techlogik
So I've been driving with the safety score since it came out. My first day was pretty bad due to heavy traffic and hard breaking. I've since gotten my score up to 93 by being extra cautious and taking a couple of 200 mile drives this weekend.

Should I keep the car in the driveway this week? I don't think I'll see the score come up too much, and I could definitely see it going down.