TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

It's going to get WET

Discussion in 'Cybertruck: Driving Dynamics' started by XB12R, Jan 3, 2020.

1. XB12R

XB12R Member

How deep of a water crossing do you think these things will handle? The X seems not to be bothered too much.
    [​IMG]

Bumper, door handles or your nose?

• Like x 1
  2. doghousePVD

doghousePVD My grandfather’s car

Most ”off road” trucks can do 30”, so I’d expect Elon to best that.

Military Hummers did 36”, some had 72” snorkels, and a few Special Forces ran underwater on SCUBA tanks. Cabin was flooded so it wouldn’t float, driver wore SCUBA too. The were launched from a sub for beach landings.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. BayAreaCelt

BayAreaCelt Member

Does this mean the military humvees had scuba tanks for their infernal combustion engines? I understand even Defenders with the snorkels if driven badly would suffer if back pressure was an issue if the driver didnt maintain constant speed to prevent exhaust ingress.

Wondering how they configured a *sugar* ICE engine to work in a fully submerged vehicle. Im sure from engineering standpoint entirely possible, especially with army electrical engineers to hand too!

I hope the CT is rated to deep wade depths like the new Defender, to make it properly capable for overlanding and less issues for the environments people will be pushing these things into...

4. ThomasD

ThomasD Member

• Like x 1