Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's going to take the village to save our future;

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's production from my 5.8 kW system.

Finally got the 27kW system connected to Solar.web a few days ago. Average daily production is definitely gonna be >140kWh :)

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 5.11.30 PM.png

Is that the inverter trimming the very peak of production?

Yes. ~27kW of panels on 2 11.4kW Fronius inverters. The clipping will probably almost completely disappear in the summer when the heat drags down the array voltage.

One thing I really do like with Fronius over SMA is the data you can see remotely. Voltage and Current information is available with SMA inverters but you have to be onsite to collect it.

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 12.35.37 PM.png

No. Turn-key install. The added cost is labor. Not my system... my company is performing the install.

$2.40/w. That's fairly affordable for turn-key. Our competitors are still >$3/w.
Fair point, although you are quoting after full tax credit prices.
How much more production do you get out of the 1.5x oversized panel arrangement compared to say 1x DC:Inverter ?

No. $2.40/w before tax credits. It's probably worth increasing the inverter size but we'd have to upgrade the service too. ~15kW is about as big as I want to go with 200A service.
Now I follow, you are using the panel watts while I calculated by the inverter rating.

Sounds like a pretty terrific price before tax credit -- I hope your business is booming despite your *sugar* utility. I'm really surprised to hear that your competitors are down to $3 a watt before tax credit. Is that your doing ?

If you do not mind, I'd like to hear how you build the ground frame. In our area we dig out big trenches that we fill with rebar reinforced concrete to hold some pretty massive pipes. It is quite a bit of work and a whole lot of concrete.