TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

It's July 1, and black paint is still included with basic white nowhere to be found.

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by suwaneedad, Jul 1, 2019.

1. suwaneedad

suwaneedad Member

I love 99% of Elon, but it is things like this which boggle my mind. He tweets that on July 1 black paint will no longer be included, yet here we are July 1 and black paint is still included. I guess his tweet was just a final attempt at a Q2 demand lever, and sometime in the next few days he'll tweet again that "hey j/k, black paint will still be included until X date" as a way to try and stimulate some early Q3 demand, perhaps along with a $500 US price decrease due to the reduced federal tax credit.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 2
  2. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

Dude. It’s as I type 7:11am PT. Give it a bit...

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  3. malou

malou Member

Nothing was said about July 1st. The exact words where "Next month" (aka somewhere in July).

Elon Musk on Twitter

• Like x 5
  4. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

I suspect there will be very few sales today in North America given the rush to get cars before the reduction in tax credits so they have plenty of time to update the website at their leisure. And of course they will have to decide what to do with the remaining inventory of black cars that don’t have the price adjustment yet. That might be a lever to get some demand going this month.

• Like x 1
  5. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Twitter

6. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

Yes, give them a break! They worked their butts off over the weekend to sell cars to meet the record.

7. garrett5688

garrett5688 Member

FRAUD!!!!

• Disagree x 2
  8. M3BlueGeorgia

M3BlueGeorgia Active Member

1) They just finished a crazy quarter, and that ended on a Sunday.
    2) This week has a major USA Holiday on Thursday, and many people will take Friday off to make a 4 day weekend. Some people will also take Wednesday off. I know I would.
    3) Tesla presumably have some basic black cars in the manufacturing/delivery pipeline

IMHO you'll see the website updated near the end of NEXT week, but it requires coordination of ordering systems, manufacturing systems and the website, so that'll be fraught with delays.
    Plus the usual cautions about relying too much on Elon-Time. Stuff he says is going to happen almost always happens, but rarely on his original schedule. :)