Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's just taking too long...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I'd make a list:

1. Spotify
2. Ludicrous upgrade
3. Model X Aussie style
4. Syd Qld Supercharger network
5. Upgrade 7.01
6. ...

Like in Star Trek Generations regarding the Nexus... "Time has no meaning here!"

Now I know there are a whole lot of excuses, and some are even good... But this particular thread is all about orderly venting...

So c'mon Tesla... Some of us are getting restless...

Three dog day eh! Were they dead dogs? There was a six month window placed on the completion of the ludicrous upgrade.... That time has long since gone and the upgrade hasn't even started...

And what about Spotify? Yes Tesla has signed us up to the best... Let's by all means hand it to them. But they did say in writing an over the air update "Today". That was last year man... And let's face it. When you went into the Tesla showroom and the salesperson demonstrated the car to you, you can't tell me that a big deal wasn't made out of Rdio and free data and the ability to choose any song. Even got the sound upgraded because of it. It was a major selling point of the car. So how come Spotify is taking so long now that Rdio is down? What some programmer thought he'd go on holidays before starting the roll out? Hope he's enjoying himself... We'll just wait till he gets back then eh?

And please hurry up and build the supercharger network up the east coast. It's really embarrassing showcasing the Tesla to all your friends and relations but then having to hire a car if you actually want to drive anywhere on holidays! Tesla is so cool and all, zero to hundred, quarter mile, safety, cornering, handling, traction, pollution... Just can't take the family to the Gold Coast in the holidays... Need to hire a Toyota if you actually want to drive anywhere good...

Last edited:
And please hurry up and build the supercharger network up the east coast. It's really embarrassing showcasing the Tesla to all your friends and relations but then having to hire a car if you actually want to drive anywhere on holidays! Tesla is so cool and all, zero to hundred, quarter mile, safety, cornering, handling, traction, pollution... Just can't take the family to the Gold Coast in the holidays... Need to hire a Toyota if you actually want to drive anywhere good...
Sydney to Brisbane is quite possible. I'm on my third trip now.

"Orderly venting", hey? Lovely phrase...
Spotify, I expect imminently.
Ludicrous? I'm not sure I want it. Max acceleration is already almost unusable, it's so fast. So I'm in no hurry.
Model X? Don't care. The S will do me for a few years, then I'll buy the next available fab one.
Supercharger network? Yes, please. You are quite right about hiring a Toyota ( I drove a Tarago for a week. I walked away leaving it unlocked/ in gear / running/ handbrake off etc countless times!!!) it's high-time we saw some chargers on the Pacific Motorway. Start with Hexham please!!
7.01?? Not sure what I'm waiting for, there. What are you expecting, ZTrekus?? I'd like Homelink, and active cornering suspension, please :)

Gotta say I get the royal welcome when I go into Richmond. The only time I detect the "Bugger factor" is when they have multiple sales going on... I make use of my familiarity of the car the sale dialog along with " As a long term owner ........... " to 'Help' and get the answer to my question as part of the chatter.:biggrin:

The start of the new year is traditionally a time for assessing one's life and looking to make changes and improvements.

Have you thought about trying to whinge less?

Reminds me of the trapist monk who was only permitted to say two words a year. After the first year he said, "more blankets". After the second he said, "more food". Finally after the third he said, "I quit". The Monk Superior then replied, "Good, we are glad you are going. You've done nothing but complain since you got here!"

Anyway, there are two kinds of whinging....

There is the whinging one does when the subject matter is not appreciated, eg, whinging over a trip one doesn't want to take "Hate this road trip!"... Then there is the whinging one does when the subject matter IS appreciated but for some aspect of it, and so the whinging is directed towards perfecting it, eg, "Are we there yet?"... The latter is the Tesla whinge... Love the car... Want to perfect it in every way!

Personally I have never felt unwelcomed at a Tesla showroom and I sincerely appreciate all that they do.

As for the list above, I confess to feeling as giddy as a child constantly asking, "Are we there yet?"

.... And anyway... I want the above list yesterday!!!

Last edited:
Thought I'd make a list:

1. Spotify
2. Ludicrous upgrade
3. Model X Aussie style
4. Syd Qld Supercharger network
5. Upgrade 7.01
6. .....

1. Agree, Tesla should at least be telling us more about the progress of the roll-out.
2. Don't care and wouldn't even if I owned the relevant car as they go pretty fast with Insane mode anyway.
3. That's a bit unfair as they have to engineer a RHD version and then get it approved in many countries in addition to Australia.
4. IIRC the original plan was for Sydney - Melbourne in 2015 and Sydney - QLD in 2016 so this is on track
5. The vast majority of features promised have already been delivered in 7.0 and previous updates and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall Elon or Tesla promising 7.1 within a specific time frame.
6. I would add 3 phase charging and UMC adapters to this list. 3 phase was originally 2nd quarter 2015 then moved to 4th quarter and my last communication with Mitchell indicates it will be a while longer.

In any case none of these are deal breakers to me.

So c'mon Tesla... Some of us are getting restless...

Careful, the fanbois will crucify you for saying something even slightly negative about Tesla.

Dbom put it very well in a thread a while back pointing out that things will happen...when they happen...and they will be good. Until then, daily checking and increasing angst will do nothing to speed up the process.

Personally;
1. Spotify - I really would like an Rdio replacement since I had just trained Rdio very well to play what I liked. In the meantime, I have found a streaming radio station that plays the sort of music I like, albeit at 128 kbps.
Look at it this way - if/when we get Spotify, we'll also likely get AutoPilot restrictions. I'm happy to wait and see.

2. Ludicrous upgrade. I want it, but I'm now seriously thinking of waiting for the Gen 2 AutoPilot hardware to eventually arrive before I give more money to Tesla.

3. Model X is not of interest to me.

4. Sydney - Queensland supercharger network. They got Melbourne to Sydney done as promised (Euroa's a little bit iffy). Can't see any reason why the next segment won't get done.
On a personal note, I'd like the Tesla Supercharger network to be usable by non Tesla vehicles as well.

5. Upgrade 7.01. Spotify cometh. Autopilot taketh away. Maybe. Happy to wait.

6. The car is great as it is now. Anything else received will be a bonus. Anything taken away will be an annoyance.

You left out 3 phase wall connectors due more than 6 months ago, and, of course, Homelink, which the engineers are supposedly looking into as we write.....

This one really pisses me off. They were happy to take orders for this option 18 months ago when I ordered my car. Even happier to take payment for it when it was delivered knowing full well that they were not available at the time. Now it is 4 months later with the latest ETA being "some time in the 1st quarter of 2016" after months of "we are expecting them any day". This isn't a no cost feature that has been promised or a possible extra cost upgrade you may choose to get when available. This has been paid for and not delivered. Plain and simply not good enough!