Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's official!!! Tesla is about innovation, NOT luxury! :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine has been very reliable.
I’ve owned 3 and all 3 needed to go back to the service center multiple times, in fact all 3 had their motors replaced due to clunking sounds.
Also let’s not pretend like mcu1 failures aren’t a thing, or that new headlights drl led does not burn out quickly.

I’m glad your model s has been VERY reliable, but to bring up other vehicles reliability as a negative is laughable.

Reactions: InternetDude
I’ve owned 3 and all 3 needed to go back to the service center multiple times, in fact all 3 had their motors replaced due to clunking sounds.
Also let’s not pretend like mcu1 failures aren’t a thing, or that new headlights drl led does not burn out quickly.

I’m glad your model s has been VERY reliable, but to bring up other vehicles reliability as a negative is laughable.
Which other vehicles reliability did I talk about?

• Love
Reactions: Krugerrand
I mean the article is biased. However the model s is not a luxury car. Strip away AP and its kind of basic, just recently they’ve added an adaptive suspension and a relatively quiet interior. Still hear squeaks and rattles going over bumps and when you’re listening to music, there’s no real luxurious features inside. Some of these have been fixed in the refresh, but when I get into my Model S I don’t feel the same level of prestige as I do when I sit in my RS7. These are my own observations and opinions though, and I know people feel that luxury means simplicity, easy of driving, and AP which is what the Model S has going for it. At the end of the day since it was my second model S I knew what I was getting myself into, so I wasn’t disappointed that it wasn’t luxurious since I basically knew what I was getting, a piece of tech with 4 wheels.

Reactions: InternetDude
Did I quote you saying that though?
Yes you did

• Love
Reactions: Krugerrand
As far as high-priced cars go, I can't tell if Model S is more or less reliable that other brands. I assume it's better than Land Rover, but probably worse than Porsche.

It certainly has been the least reliable car I've ever owned, but it's also the most expensive one. That said, the issues I've had have been relatively minor. No problems with the drivetrain so far.

As far as high-priced cars go, I can't tell if Model S is more or less reliable that other brands. I assume it's better than Land Rover, but probably worse than Porsche.

It certainly has been the least reliable car I've ever owned, but it's also the most expensive one. That said, the issues I've had have been relatively minor. No problems with the drivetrain so far.

Honestly any car is more reliable then a Land Rover. My 2014 P85 was constantly getting fixed, while the 5 other audis I’ve owned in that time were pretty good only requiring some minor fixes. My 2021 LR+ has already needed to go into get fixed once for door issues and I am waiting to book in for half shaft replacements since the front motor is making a grinding noise on hard acceleration.