Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's official!!! Tesla is about innovation, NOT luxury! :)

AMPd

Nov 27, 2012
Northern California
Mine has been very reliable.
I’ve owned 3 and all 3 needed to go back to the service center multiple times, in fact all 3 had their motors replaced due to clunking sounds.
Also let’s not pretend like mcu1 failures aren’t a thing, or that new headlights drl led does not burn out quickly.

I’m glad your model s has been VERY reliable, but to bring up other vehicles reliability as a negative is laughable.

Reactions: InternetDude

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
I’ve owned 3 and all 3 needed to go back to the service center multiple times, in fact all 3 had their motors replaced due to clunking sounds.
Also let’s not pretend like mcu1 failures aren’t a thing, or that new headlights drl led does not burn out quickly.

I’m glad your model s has been VERY reliable, but to bring up other vehicles reliability as a negative is laughable.
Which other vehicles reliability did I talk about?

• Love
Reactions: Krugerrand

pabla

Oct 17, 2016
Vancouver
I mean the article is biased. However the model s is not a luxury car. Strip away AP and its kind of basic, just recently they’ve added an adaptive suspension and a relatively quiet interior. Still hear squeaks and rattles going over bumps and when you’re listening to music, there’s no real luxurious features inside. Some of these have been fixed in the refresh, but when I get into my Model S I don’t feel the same level of prestige as I do when I sit in my RS7. These are my own observations and opinions though, and I know people feel that luxury means simplicity, easy of driving, and AP which is what the Model S has going for it. At the end of the day since it was my second model S I knew what I was getting myself into, so I wasn’t disappointed that it wasn’t luxurious since I basically knew what I was getting, a piece of tech with 4 wheels.

Reactions: InternetDude

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Did I quote you saying that though?
Yes you did

• Love
Reactions: Krugerrand

AMPd

Nov 27, 2012
Northern California
Yes you did
I never said you talked about other vehicles reliability.
I originally quoted airborne spoon, he brought up Mercedes unreliability. To which I pointed out the model s reliability issues. Then you jumped in saying yours has been reliable and I replied to your post, but the original convo was with someone else

Cheburashka

Jan 29, 2018
Los Gatos, CA
As far as high-priced cars go, I can't tell if Model S is more or less reliable that other brands. I assume it's better than Land Rover, but probably worse than Porsche.

It certainly has been the least reliable car I've ever owned, but it's also the most expensive one. That said, the issues I've had have been relatively minor. No problems with the drivetrain so far.

pabla

Oct 17, 2016
Vancouver
As far as high-priced cars go, I can't tell if Model S is more or less reliable that other brands. I assume it's better than Land Rover, but probably worse than Porsche.

It certainly has been the least reliable car I've ever owned, but it's also the most expensive one. That said, the issues I've had have been relatively minor. No problems with the drivetrain so far.

Honestly any car is more reliable then a Land Rover. My 2014 P85 was constantly getting fixed, while the 5 other audis I’ve owned in that time were pretty good only requiring some minor fixes. My 2021 LR+ has already needed to go into get fixed once for door issues and I am waiting to book in for half shaft replacements since the front motor is making a grinding noise on hard acceleration.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC