Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's official! Tesla website says HW2.0 cars "scheduling now" for MCU2 upgrade!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay; after much coaxing and rebooting and using other WiFi networks, I got the map update to kick on through.
Yep; same as me. Here's my issue (Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control)...
Oh heck. The method (trick) you used must not have caused it to go thru a normal code path that would have flipped the right bits to enable your TL & SSC option. Personally, I'd contact your SC tell them the problem, what you did, and ask them to trigger it to download again. ie. maybe in a normal code flow it would allow the TL & SSC option to be user controlled. I don't know how else to explain it since we are on the same version and mine let's me control that option.

Hi Kentucky3,

You can never reboot too many times...
May help, cannot hurt.

Good luck,

Shawn
Little did I know, it was actually the Ranger who helped push it through (behind the scenes). I texted him to let him know if he had any suggestions and I guess he went in and did some magic. He texted me later to say all was good, and indeed, it was. This also freed up the Stop Sign/Traffic Light Control option. Now I’m good to go!

I have not seen where someone has been invited to receive the FSD upgrade without the MCU2 upgrade. I just wanted to share that I just received my invite for the FSD Computer Upgrade without the MCU2 upgrade. I scheduled it for 6/24. If they are going by a priority list based on build and purchase date, mine was build 11/16 and was delivered on 12/2/16. View attachment 551107
I had the same msg in the inbox on the date of taking my Mx last Saturday, I was surprised that they had it confirmed with appointment the following week.

The Fort Worth, TX Service Center completed the upgrade for our 2017 X90D MCU1/AP2.0. They accepted the car at 11:00 AM and were finished at 4:40 PM. I was warned that it could take more than a day if it took longer than expected to load firmware. The charge was $2500 plus tax.

Some notes that might be helpful:

Firmware before service: 2020.20.1 552e776937 -- the car had an update pending when I picked it up. Cameras also needed to be calibrated. There was about 15 minutes of in-town driving and the progress indicator didn't move much at all. After I got on the highway, calibration completed in 2-3 minutes.

At home, I connected to Wi-Fi and the download for 2020.20.12 d2c8a3e11 began almost immediately. After that was installed, updated Navigation database was downloaded (Old: 2019.6-10236 New: 2020.12-11866) as were the games.

Navigate on Autopilot and Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control were "not available in your region." A short drive enabled NoAP -- presumably after the GPS calibration documented in the release notes completed.

Enabling Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control required turning the car off from the menu and then restarting the car after an appropriate wait. A reboot wasn't enough.

Settings retained: Driver settings, trip odometers, media passwords
Settings lost: Website favorites, WiFi, Bluetooth, Homelink

• Informative
Reactions: TechVP
The Fort Worth, TX Service Center completed the upgrade for our 2017 X90D MCU1/AP2.0. They accepted the car at 11:00 AM and were finished at 4:40 PM. I was warned that it could take more than a day if it took longer than expected to load firmware. The charge was $2500 plus tax.

Some notes that might be helpful:

Firmware before service: 2020.20.1 552e776937 -- the car had an update pending when I picked it up. Cameras also needed to be calibrated. There was about 15 minutes of in-town driving and the progress indicator didn't move much at all. After I got on the highway, calibration completed in 2-3 minutes.

At home, I connected to Wi-Fi and the download for 2020.20.12 d2c8a3e11 began almost immediately. After that was installed, updated Navigation database was downloaded (Old: 2019.6-10236 New: 2020.12-11866) as were the games.

Navigate on Autopilot and Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control were "not available in your region." A short drive enabled NoAP -- presumably after the GPS calibration documented in the release notes completed.

Enabling Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control required turning the car off from the menu and then restarting the car after an appropriate wait. A reboot wasn't enough.

Settings retained: Driver settings, trip odometers, media passwords
Settings lost: Website favorites, WiFi, Bluetooth, Homelink

Did you already have FSD and upgraded to MCU2? Or did you have EAP?

Over a week and 130 miles later, I love this upgrade. Feels like a new a new car. I haven't touched my FM/AM radio in 6+ years of owning Teslas so I don't miss anything there. Everything seems to be up and running except I've noticed one issue I'm curious if anyone else has experienced.

As expected, my normal camera calibration was done before I got home from the Service Center. Autopilot and NoA have been working great. Three days ago I was in my driveway and decided to try smart summon. It said it couldn't because the cameras were calibrating. On the Autopilot section of my settings under Summon (Beta) it says "Smart Summon unavailable while additional cameras are calibrating (99%)."

The next day I got in my car and had the same message but it went down to 98%. Later that day, after driving, it was back up to 99%. It refuses to go past that. I'd think after 130 miles of driving calibration would be complete, but I do know that Smart Summon uses additional cameras and maybe those take much longer to calibrate? Have any of my fellow upgraders seen this same behavior?

I had a HomeLink issues after my upgrade...the reprogram function was stuck in a loop...and a firmware push from the service center fixed that. I'm wondering if I need another firmware push or if the SS calibration simply takes much longer.
IMG_2496.jpg

I haven't touched my FM/AM radio in 6+ years of owning Teslas so I don't miss anything there. View attachment 553969
My wife isn't going to be happy when she discovers (I haven't told her and she hasn't noticed) there is no more FM radio (she loves the local NPR affiliate). She only turns it on when she drives my car. However, a nasty crash on her bicycle last Friday resulted, unfortunately, in a broken arm and dislocated elbow. She won't be driving for 4-6 weeks, most likely. So it'll be at least that long before I have to fess up about the missing FM. In the meantime, I'm waiting for one of you gifted members to develop a hack of some sort to restore FM radio to the MCU1 - MCU2 vehicles.

My wife isn't going to be happy when she discovers (I haven't told her and she hasn't noticed) there is no more FM radio (she loves the local NPR affiliate). She only turns it on when she drives my car. However, a nasty crash on her bicycle last Friday resulted, unfortunately, in a broken arm and dislocated elbow. She won't be driving for 4-6 weeks, most likely. So it'll be at least that long before I have to fess up about the missing FM. In the meantime, I'm waiting for one of you gifted members to develop a hack of some sort to restore FM radio to the MCU1 - MCU2 vehicles.
I’m sure your local NPR affiliate is available on satellite.

Reactions: scottf200
Look at TuneIn. Many NPR stations are available there.

For those that have upgrade to MCU2, worth it? So far I’ve decided to wait and see what happens.

Kind of depends on the situation. MCU1 was sluggish but it didn’t annoy me. So if I didn’t use the additional features, then no it’s not worth it.

But if you’re buying a dash camera or if your MCU is failing it definitely makes sense to upgrade.

To go with the not worth it bucket...with the price of a new MX dropping. At some point t we have to add it all up and ask if it’s better to trade in the car.

Especially for those who are older. If you factor in a FSD+MCU is $10,000. There’s threads of a battery swap from a 60/75/90 to a 100kwh for...?? Extended warranty for $4,500. These things start closing the gap on a trade in.

Reactions: NHK X