Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's official! Tesla website says HW2.0 cars "scheduling now" for MCU2 upgrade!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any AP2.0 upgrades yet? Also, Tesla is claiming you must be invited. Has anyone received an invitation (all scenarios)? I am seeing a lot of upgrades without an invitation.
A lot of us are currently schedule for the AP2.0-AP3.0 upgrade and a few have successfully done it. I don't think anyone has actually received an invitation. Best way is to keep bugging your SC by creating appointments.

I have an appointment on June 1st which was pushed back from May 18th. Hopefully the parts will be in on time!

Any AP2.0 upgrades yet? Also, Tesla is claiming you must be invited. Has anyone received an invitation (all scenarios)? I am seeing a lot of upgrades without an invitation.
A few of us succeeded and none of us got invitations. I was able to get a MCU2 + AP2.0->HW3 retrofit two weeks ago with no qualms, and I can confirm everything works great.

But others have tried and gotten told either they can’t do HW3 at the moment or they keep getting their upgrade date pushed back due to lack of parts.... so YMMV, but right now this all starts with the owner making a service appointment to request the upgrade.

Reactions: rush6410
Just got the dreaded text...again... I was hoping this time would be it because of so many other people online getting their upgrades.

Appointment has been tentatively pushed back to June 9th due to lack of parts.

I've joined the club ... Got the text telling me parts are not yet available so they pushed me to June 10th. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Posted this in another thread about HW3 retrofit...Took in my ‘16 MX to get some things identified fix that we identified at delivery last week (yellowing screen border, fwd gasket deterioration, loose wheel well cover). We were willing to pay for MCU2 upgrade, but they said they’d have to order parts so we would have to wait, but the SC offered to do the HW3 retrofit at this time (was already purchased for the car) in addition to the other repairs. I am interested to see HW3+MCU1 functionality.

Reactions: gangzoom
Posted this in another thread about HW3 retrofit...Took in my ‘16 MX to get some things identified fix that we identified at delivery last week (yellowing screen border, fwd gasket deterioration, loose wheel well cover). We were willing to pay for MCU2 upgrade, but they said they’d have to order parts so we would have to wait, but the SC offered to do the HW3 retrofit at this time (was already purchased for the car) in addition to the other repairs. I am interested to see HW3+MCU1 functionality.
Once you get a chance to check it out please relay the information!

Here’s something that might perplex (or piss off) some of you who have been waiting a while for the HW3 upgrade...I took delivery Saturday of a 2017 100D HW 2.0 from the used inventory. The car was shipped from Brooklyn, NY to the Cincinnati (Blue Ash) delivery center. After I took delivery of the car and was ready to leave the lot, the car wouldn’t go into Drive and gave me a message to “press the key fob or load the car into the app” (or something like that). I asked the delivery agent for assistance. He told me to log out and back into the app. That didn’t work and he said, “It’s probably still calibrating your new computer that we put in for you yesterday.” I was AMAZED that they would go ahead and be this proactive for a used car customer. But that’s how the Blue Ash team are and have always been. My problem was solved with the app and I was soon on my way and as soon as I got on the freeway, sure enough, I saw the message saying the computer was calibrating. 5 miles further down the road, I was using Navigate on Autopilot. Love my new X, by the way.

Last edited:
Here’s something that might perplex (or piss off) some of you who have been waiting a while for the HW3 upgrade...I took delivery Saturday of a 2017 100D HW 2.0 from the used inventory. The car was shipped from Brooklyn, NY to the Cincinnati (Blue Ash) delivery center. After I took delivery of the car and was ready to leave the lot, the car wouldn’t go into Drive and gave me a message to “press the key fob or load the car into the app” (or something like that). I asked the delivery agent for assistance. He told me to log out and back into the app. That didn’t work and he said, “It’s probably still calibrating your new computer that we put in for you yesterday.” I was AMAZED that they would go ahead and be this proactive for a used car customer. But that’s how the Blue Ash team are and have always been. My problem was solved with the app and I was soon on my way and as soon as I got on the freeway, sure enough, I saw the message saying the computer was calibrating. 5 miles further down the road, I was using Navigate on Autopilot. Love my new X, by the way.

That's awesome, hopefully other centers follow the same haha. Do you already have mcu2? If not did they upgrade that?

Reactions: KentuckyX
That’s great they did that for you!
I specifically asked about MCU2 and HW3 before taking delivery and they said they couldn’t, but I could request schedule in the app as soon as I had the car.

That's awesome! How's the car like with HW3 and MCU1? Hopefully more service centers follow suit!